By Debra Auerbach
There have been signs of economic growth this month. Earlier in the month we learned that as of December 2011, the national jobless rate was at 8.5 percent, a rate that's continued to trend down since February 2009. Read More »
Don't miss out on the top news around your career and the best new employment opportunities. AOL Jobs newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Click here to learn more.
Looking for work? See what companies added new openings this week.
1. Weekly Jobless Claims Rise to Near 9-Month High
2. 18 High-Paying Careers That You've Probably Never Heard Of
3. 7 Part-Time Jobs That Pay Up To $40 An Hour
4. Told You're 'Overqualified' For The Job? Here's What They Really Mean
5. 12 Best Jobs For 2014 That Pay Up to $60 Per Hour
Job Outlook by City Find employment information and career opportunities in top cities.
State Unemployment Guides Get tips for navigating unemployment in your state.