Police Officer on Poisoned Dog: "It's Revenge Against a Beautiful Animal"

$1,000 reward offered for information on Siren's death

Five-year-old German Shepherd Siren was put down, with test results finding rat poison in his liver.
Police in Westport, Massachusetts are offering a $1,000 reward for information on the poisoning of an officer's dog, who was put down last April after experiencing sudden pain and bleeding.
The five-year-old German Shepherd, Siren, was hemorrhaging internally, and test results revealed the presence of rat poison in the dog's liver.

Certainly, when someone enters the police force, there's a level of risk to be expected. And while it's reasonable to worry for one's own safety, you don't expect to have to worry for your pet's.

"It's just despicable," Siren's owner, Det. Jeff Majewski told WHDH. "Definitely this was a malicious act, where somebody threw something over our fence. He's always on a leash. He's outside of the yard."

Siren was training to be a civilian search-and-rescue dog; Majewski believes his death could have been related to his (Majewski's) 25 years on the police force. Now officers are seeking help from anyone who has information that might lead to a suspect.

"He's part of the family, he was a 100-pound lap dog," said Majewski. "He would lay at my girlfriend's feet when she was working."

Anyone with information is instructed to contact the Westport Police Department.

mesager42

People who kill innocent animals have been known to become serial killers. There may be a future serial killer in the officer's neighborhood and in the neighborhood where the cats were killed. Anyone who would kill an innocent animal deserves to be locked up, and have their reproductive system altered so they can never produce children. If someone can't be trusted to care about animals, then should he or she really be trusted around babies?

July 29 2014 at 1:49 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
liondog96

Here in Florida criminals receive $7,000 for K-9 attacks----guilty or not----Most of the money goes to the lawyers.

July 29 2014 at 1:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debs2you14

What kind of loser, lowlife, sick- psychotic excuse for a human being does something like this??? I pray so hard that something horrific happens to every person who gets some sort of sick lift from harming innocents...I saw today a video of some more sicko's setting fire to a turtle....Really,?? what poor excuses of humans allowed to still breathe on this earth, astounds me..........

July 29 2014 at 1:24 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
arthlop1

It's like I always said, Criminals are Cowards. Why? They are COWARDS because they were raised by COWARDS. To take it out on a dog is low. These scumbags are so low,they have to climb a latter just to kiss a snake's ass. I have never met a criminal I have liked. It's no wonder when they do get out of Prison they moan and groan about not being able to get a decent job. THEY DON"T DESERVE TO BE BELIEVED OR TRUSTED.

July 29 2014 at 1:20 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Carla

I hope Karma finds these low life thugs and does unto them what they have done to this beautiful boy. I'm so sorry for your loss, Detective Majewski.

July 29 2014 at 12:55 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
SONKISSFREAK

That's a dam shame that some low life peace of crap would do something like that, I grow up around German Shepherds all my life my dad use to train them when we were young great dogs hope you catch the peace of crap!

PS.... Hope you get another one

July 29 2014 at 12:48 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
amoser4160

MY NAME IS ALLEN MOSER. I HOPE TO GOD YOU CATCH THE KILLER THAT PUT RAT POISON IN THE DOGS FOOD OR OVER THE FENSE. IF YOU CATCH HIM OR THEY HE SHOULD BE GIVEN LIFE IN PRISON FOR WHAT HE OR THEY DID. YOU CAN'T GET ANY LOWER THAN THAT. I HOPE YOU CATCH HIM. ALL EN MOSER.

July 29 2014 at 12:47 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Trish

Who would kill those little cats? This world is just getting worse and worse, animals are God's gift to us, for us to take care of and love, it is our job to care for them...people who kill animals are just very sick monsters. I love both dogs and cats, with out them why bother living??? That's what I think.

July 29 2014 at 12:04 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Welcome King

poor dog

July 29 2014 at 12:01 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Trish

Oh god I hope the monster who killed that beautiful dog will be cought soon.

July 29 2014 at 12:00 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply