Now Hiring: Animal Jobs

Dog Playground Supervisor, anyone?

Spaniel puppies in a basket.
Flickr

We're rounding out a week of Now Hiring features with one area that's always uber-popular: animal jobs. Okay, most of you will probably use this as an excuse to look at a bunch of cute dog photos, but for anyone who's actually looking to break into the veterinary world, animal shelters, and beyond, you'll find plenty of great opportunities here to do just that.

Whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or a blue-footed booby person, you're bound to find something that appeals to you. Click through to check 'em out!

​Salary info via Glassdoor, Indeed, and Salary.com.

hello dogs

how can any humane person gas dogs that are not a danger,kill places should be closed

November 30 2014 at 11:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hello dogs's comment
Victoria

I agree, hello dogs. If an animal isn't a danger, shouldn't be killed. Who are we to judge?

November 30 2014 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
airedalesblack

This is not a sales gimmick, this is legit. We have donated over 24 dogs to the handicapped and the challenged.
My name is Southern Sollars. My husband Frank and
I own Southern ROC Airedales.The kennel is also
the largest in the U.S.,and the only one I know of
that will does this for others. We donate a pup to be trained
for the certified handicapped, one pup per
litter. PTSD, Amputees, seizures, just a few of the
areas we can conquer. Criteria has to be met, but
there is no charge for the dog,but you pay the
shipping. (One fact I wish to mention, is that a
fully trained dog may cost as much as 25-35 K or
more.) AGAIN, this will not be a trained dog, this is a
pup that will be trained by you and
your professional certified trainer. We have dogs
out all over the country and documented proof and
photos. You may not be in need, but I bet you know
of someone who is. Pay it forward. (For the
scammers == don't even try. We freely do this from
the heart,this is our tidings to God, but we are
far from dumb). With the way health care is being
slashed left and right, you owe it to yourself to
look into this. Our web site is
WWW.Airedaleblack.com Our phone is 505-384-4453
There is no obligation . WE CARE, but if
you cannot give us a valid phone # to call, do not
expect response...Also, I wish to ad, do not email
me asking me to describe my giving's, Truthfully,
I am also handicapped, and typing is hard for me.
Re read the ad if you must. This is for
service/assist dogs only.If I had pups or adults
to sell, I would advertise them separately and
most important, we DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RELAY
CALLS........ Please do not waste our time looking
for something for nothing,(these dogs are not
pets), these dogs are for
the HANDICAPPED/CHALLANGED ONLY. We receive no
deductions from the Government nor State to do this
for people... We do this all year long as we
have litters. Will not have a litter until 10-05-14(Please understand that there is a waiting
line,due to overwhelming needs). The sooner I get
your documentation, the quicker you receive your
dog. Then, I am sure I have paired you up with the
right animal.

November 30 2014 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
santaniclaus

Years ago I worked on a US Corps of Engineers project as the licensed pesticide applicator & one of my jobs was to go pick up any stray dogs & take them to the local dog pound. I HAD to turn them in because my job required the pound paperwork to justify my time. Well, loving animals in general I couldn't just leave the dogs there, so, I would go by there immediately after work & I'd bail them out paying the $35.00 for shots & spaying or neutering and I'd take them home. Luckily, the place I rented had a really large do pen with a good sized shelter, so the dogs were safe.
Then I'd start looking for people to adopt the dogs. I found a lot of families who really wanted a dog but they couldn't afford that initial $35.00. They could afford to feed one $ all but that $35.00 plus food, bowl, etc. was too much at one time. So, I basically put out about $35 - $70 a week on the average getting dogs permanent homes the whole time I worked there. Most of the dogs I could check up on from time to time and 99% did well & had happy lives without me relocating them a 2nd time but when thosr times arose, I found them new homes again.
Some had bad habits & I would retrain them because I was always good with dogs and all in all, the dogs and their human friends were happy in the end and my conscience was clear!
My wife and I have a real darlin half lab % half Charpe we call Sweety that is more like the daughter we never had than a dog. We love her so very much & she loves us even more! We're blessed!

November 30 2014 at 4:50 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
JMCB01

If you REALLY want to help dogs & cats, get out there & spread the importance of spaying & neutering and pet adoption, not pet purchase! There are MILLIONS of wonderful, beautiful, loving animals put to death in shelters all across America EVERY YEAR due to NO fault of their own.

November 30 2014 at 4:41 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
bob

I voluntered at our local shelter as I am retired. I had to quit after a while due to the entrance that we had to enter was next to where the dogs and cats were gassed if they were not adopted in seven days. I could not stand the howling etc coming from these poor animals about to die or dieing so I quit.

November 30 2014 at 2:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
suoswalt

unfortunately if users click on these jobs, they'll find the postings expired

November 30 2014 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don

We put so much emphasis on dogs, puppies, kittens, and cats for adoption, funds for animal shelters, etc. with commercials/ads etc. when there are so many babies who are being aborted everyday. We need more commercials about the value of life and the dignity of human beings. Think about it?

November 30 2014 at 1:04 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Don's comment
MININUT

Hey Don, when men start having to push 9 pound bowling balls out their a**holes, THEN you can have a say about abortion. Till then, stfu.

November 30 2014 at 8:25 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Karen and Alexa

I really hate when people do these comparisons. Just because people love and put emphasis on the animals, does not mean they don't love children or have more compassion. I love animals and I hate to see anything or anyone innocent become neglected or abused. One does not have anything to do with the other.

November 30 2014 at 10:40 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Rebeldakota222

Every - "EVERY" Job that you have posted has expired... ??? Miss informing.

November 30 2014 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brennemanbelkin

I retire in seven months. Then, I'll do these jobs for free.

November 30 2014 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terry

I live on the South East Coast of Florida. I am looking for a job related to Marine Mammal's.
Rescue and rehabilatation are my main concerns.I'm willing to start as a volunteer, as even though I have extensive
resume, it is not mammel related.
I'm motavated and eager and ready to go. Send me an e-mail.
Thanks, terrykobra@aol.com

November 30 2014 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Terry's comment
jan2curtis

join sea shepard!! Talk to and like catain paul watson pg!!

November 30 2014 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply