Now Hiring: Animal Jobs

Dog Playground Supervisor, anyone?

Spaniel puppies in a basket.
Flickr

We're rounding out a week of Now Hiring features with one area that's always uber-popular: animal jobs. Okay, most of you will probably use this as an excuse to look at a bunch of cute dog photos, but for anyone who's actually looking to break into the veterinary world, animal shelters, and beyond, you'll find plenty of great opportunities here to do just that.

Whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or a blue-footed booby person, you're bound to find something that appeals to you. Click through to check 'em out!

​Salary info via Glassdoor, Indeed, and Salary.com.

La'Nelle & Joe

Sunglow, what beautiful stories. You are quite a hero for these animals.

July 27 2014 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
petparty1

We have volunteer jobs for those who want to work on a mobile petting farm/pony ride rescue facility in Grayson Ga, outside Atlanta. Call us at (770) 682 8670 Pet Parties Plus LLC

July 27 2014 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunglow1947

I save a rabbit from being in a cage the rest of her life.and I paper train her.the only thing I didn't know they chew everything up.walls,cords,and paper what ever she is 3yrs old now and get's along with my dog.She stay on my property after I train her from going in the neigbors yard.Stays in front yard with no fence ,doesn't go out to the road where there is a field. When it get;s dark out I call her name and she comes inside.she knows the word food and banna and carrots and loves kale and timthy hay.She doesn't like to be pick up.I got her at 5months old at the fair it was so hot and no air condiction.She loves her stuff tiger And has the run of the house, but mostly stays in my room.She don't play with the dog but deals with her,They both need there own space And are buddies.My dog only goes after wild rabbits never her.I'm glad I save her from being in a cage for the rest of her life and no body to be with .She will come up to me and lick my hand and let me give her a shower she likes that.Save a RABBIT but rember they like to chew, but will get over that in time like mind did alittle lol.Now she has air condiction when it's to hot to be out side.She is spoiled also and pamper
to the max.

July 26 2014 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunglow1947

I save a older dog from being put to sleep within 2mins.i was in the parking lot in utica mi.when I was ready to leave and this kid was coming in with his car.So I watch to see what he was holding in his arms and it was this small 7yr old female dog going to be put to sleep that moment.So I ask if anything was wrong with her he said nothing his dad past away and she is going to be put to sleep now.He said she is a good dog and very calm and doesn't bit and loves people and kids and he going to have her put down now.so I took her, She had these big brown eyes and weigh 20 lbs and not a mean bone in her body,just what I wanted very gentel dog.I found out from the vet she had a enlarge hear and a heart merrur because she gave out this lould cough when she got real excited.She is on heart medicin,but I exerise size her at the park and don't over do it and she doesn't need them now it's been 2 months and she hasn't cough,I make sure she don't get excited,she only get's that way when I'm taking her in the car to go to the park.I will give her the best fun time of her life untill she dies.And if her cough starts up she will be back on heart pills.But I couldn't ask for a better gentel dog than her.It only took 24hrs and she love me and couldn't be without me.She won't go with anyone else.She is my brown eye Angle and I thank God for letting me find her to save her life.
cute and small.He gave me $45.to go towards her food.Well I took her to the park frist,she has never been to a park just inside the house and back yard.She love it,so when I got her to my home she was scared and I show her all arond the inside and out side of my house.I patted her talk to her and show her love.In 24 hrs she was so happy and she walks every where I go.So I took her to the vet and the doc said she has a enlarge heart and had a hard cough when she got excited.She is on heart pills and she is a wonderful dog.Doesn't bark at any animals or people unless they are in my yard.won't go off my property sit's up for treat's and walks real good and listens and doesn't bit.I've had her 4months now and she is a wonderful dog she has her own chair to sleep on with steps to climb up on.Something in my mind told me to go to the human socity that day.Which I had no intentions of going. I'm so glad I did and save her life that day within 2mins because I was just starting to leave when I said I'll see what this person is bringing in the parking lot..Now she loves going to the park every day and likes to hunt rabbits but don't get them.and I'm going to give her alot to see and have fun before she dies.She shows so much love for me and can't be with out me.
she is spoild why not.She is 7yrs old and don't know how long she is going to live but she will have the best happy times with me.She loves kids and I'm glad I save her life and she has brought joy & love to me.

July 26 2014 at 10:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Elliott

I would like to apply for the animal job, I love animals and would love it. Please get back to me ASAP @ epb1676@aol.com thank you for your consideration, Elliott Bouchie

July 26 2014 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adika3z

dogs loves number ONE is the dog beach.
dog beach is the best place for any all dogs.
wonderful good time dog beach.
but pay parking lot meter is a big very awful horrible terrible crime and ripoff.
but pay parking validation service is a big awful crimeeater ripoff.
yes very dirty business pay parking lot.

July 26 2014 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to adika3z's comment
sutt202

What dog beach are you talking about? I take mine to dog beach in Del Mar, California. I have a Disabled License and park for free. But watch out. Cops will give you a ticket if your 30 seconds late. It's a trap.

July 26 2014 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
acfollowj

Animals are easier to love than people.

July 26 2014 at 8:51 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Chip Payne

What a job! I'm sure the Police will be there to protect the innocent!

July 26 2014 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
palskid

no pictures of blue footed boobies

July 26 2014 at 8:07 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
entheoscht

I'd love to have this job. Do they drug test? LOL

July 26 2014 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply