Woman Calls Emergency Services: Ice Cream Vendor Didn't Give Me Enough Sprinkles

Clearly a matter of life and death.

136/365v2 Summer Tears
FlickrThis could also be described as an emergency.

File this one under Things You Should Never Do, Ever. British police have released a recording of a woman calling 999 (the U.K. version of 911) to report a life-threatening emergency: the guy selling her ice cream didn't give her enough sprinkles.

"It doesn't seem like much of an emergency," the woman says, displaying a surprising level of self-awareness for someone who's tying up an emergency services line to report a sprinkle shortage. "But it is a little bit, because I've ordered an ice cream and he's put bits on one side and none of the other."

Horror of horrors! This is basically the same as if, rather than sell her ice cream, the vendor had attempted to murder her with it. She goes on:

"The person has basically given me an ice cream and he's put bits on one side and none on the other and I've said can you that properly please and he's like, no. He's refusing to give me my money back and saying that I've got to take it like that."

During the call, the woman can be heard continuing to argue with the vendor, who was operating out of what she describes as an "ice cream van." Van? We're not sure what kind of game they're playing across the pond, but here in 'Merica we buy our ice cream from TRUCKS. If someone rolled up in a van and started offering us ice cream, you can bet we'd be calling emergency services.

A recording of the call was released by West Midlands police (who receive over 1,500 emergency calls each day) in an attempt to deter callers from reporting similar non-emergencies.

For her part, the operator responding to the call transferred the woman to the Trading Standards line.

Play the video below to listen to the audio from the call.

LadyCherise

She needs to have her head examined

June 19 2014 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danielle

I don't know how they do things over there, but here in the U.S, she would of got her crazy ass arrested.

June 19 2014 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hargrove

Who among us would not expect a vendor to adjust an order to our specifications or, at least allow us to refuse the purchase. Lately, there have been several incidents, in which fast food customers were not given what they ordered, and not allowed to decline the purchase, probably emboldened by a blame the victim approach by police, that includes arresting people who call the police when they believe they were not treated fairly.

If they don't call the police, what else are they to do, punch the vendor in the face? I'm sure the police would be there, quick and in a hurry for that...

Media and the police pretend the complainers are crazy, because they look for authority to intervene, when they're mistreated and, since all of the victims I've observed, were of African descent, and their money was taken before their order was given, there may be a scheme, in some communities, that involves taking money in advance, so that people can be mistreated without the risk of loosing the sale.

People approving of this outrageous treatment of customers are probably whites, who believe it won't be done to them; or Diasporans, in denial...

Police are eager to stop and frisk Diasporans, for no reason at all; why then can't they preserve the peace when customer's are being insulted and cheated...

June 17 2014 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hargrove's comment
kbroom1969

are you nuts or what..
there is a limit to what anyone can do... and just because she wanted more... doesn't mean she can get more... I wouldn't expect for an ice cream vendor to give me more... sprinkles... he in the US.. most places if you want extra you have to pay extra... seems to me the woman's just a nut...

June 19 2014 at 8:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

That's what Socialism does to people - makes them stupidly dependent on gummunt.

June 16 2014 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Larry's comment
kbroom1969

dumb ass... this has nothing to with that...
the woman's just ignorant and a nut as well

June 19 2014 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wboozer@mail.com

I would love to live in a world where not having sufficient sprinkles was a real problem!

June 16 2014 at 12:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
yacabaca4

Stupid Stupid Stupid. what more can one say..

June 16 2014 at 8:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy Hall

That is a bunch of bull.

June 16 2014 at 7:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
belpugs1

Kinda Honey BooBOo white trashy stuff

June 13 2014 at 6:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian Workman

She should have called Obama, and she would have gotten quicker sprinkles responce!? LOL!!

June 13 2014 at 12:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nikkitytom

Well ar least all sides were relatively polite about this nonsense.

I wish I could say the same about myself a week ago when a Political Campaign caller woke me up from my afternoon nap. Not only was the caller touting a candidate I loathe ,,, but she was rudely oblivious to the fact that I'm on the "Do Not Call" registry. I was alas, equally rude. I'm thinking a British accent might meliorate the situation when I'm angry ... the next political caller is in dire danger of having the phone melt in her hands.

June 12 2014 at 11:56 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to nikkitytom's comment
Susy Jones

The Do Not Call registry doesn't apply to political campaigns, if you had read the details when you signed up your peabrain would have noticed this.

June 16 2014 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susy Jones

The registry allows for political campaign calls. READ the fine print next time.

June 16 2014 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply