Florida Man Stages Burglary To Avoid Going To Work

Dwayne Yeager just wanted to take a "me" day

How far would you go to avoid going to work? Would you fake being sick? Invent a family emergency? How about stage a burglary in your own home, then call 911 and wait for the cops to arrive? Well, that's allegedly what Dwayne Yeager of Hillsborough County, Florida did when he wanted to take a "me" day, but his wife just wouldn't let him.

According to KSDK.com, deputies said Yeager went into his home and opened a bedroom window before calling 911:

Caller: My door's wide open, my windows to my son's bedroom are wide open. My TV's in there on the ground.

Dispatcher: Did you see anybody when you came in, or is anything missing that you can see?

Caller: I called y'all right away. All I see is the front door wide open. Called my wife and I asked her, we did go out the front door, right? She said yes.

Dispatcher: Did you see any vehicles driving away when you were pulling up or anything like that?

Caller: On the corner, right when I pulled up, a white kind of little Honda Civic pulling away. White, it had kind of like a black fender."

Hillsborough County deputies soon arrived to find no sign of forced entry (or mysterious two-tone Honda), and said that the 31-year-old didn't realize he could go to jail for what he'd done. "He stated his wife was adamant that he go to work, and he didn't want to," Bay News 9 said a local police report read.

Yeager also allegedly told his neighbors, who were disturbed by the arriving deputies and K9s, to check their windows and make sure their kids are safe.

"To me it would have been easier just to go to work," one neighbor told KDSK. "Instead, he got a ride to jail."

Yeager is currently out on a $500 bond, awaiting one charge of lying to deputies.

> Find a law enforcement job

ppllaanntt

What a loser.....honestly.

September 10 2014 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AmericanFellow

Only in America. So, it shouldn't be surprising that our very own USA isn't even in the top 10 of the world's most respected nations (Canada #1). Speaks volumes about how we took the greatest country our parents built after WW2 for us and turned it little better than a gun-carrying, stab your friends in the back and the fake christians (reborns) doing their hardest to keep turning America into little more than an Iran or N.Korea. JMOHO

April 04 2014 at 12:23 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jorgebrito2

He's a delinquent.

April 03 2014 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boogie Man

Stupid fat lazy sh*t!

April 03 2014 at 9:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
wlh1923

Matter of who is in charge at home. Wife wouldn't "let" him take a day off.
Really?

April 03 2014 at 9:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lmen579

Guess he got the day and then a very extended vacation...
Don't forget he is now "famous !!!! "

April 03 2014 at 9:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ddelana2

People are SO fukng lazy, they will do" anything" to avoid a days work!
He should just sign up for food stamps, disability, ( Im sure his head hurts from watching TV all night and he cannot work) Medicare, Medicade, and SSI.
Im sure there is a freebe apartment and cell phone he can get.
He should just join all the other free loaders out there that are too stupid and lazy to get a job!

April 03 2014 at 8:54 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ddelana2's comment
ga7smi

talking about yourself again

April 03 2014 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
suzy324

Once again, it's embarrassing to live in Florida

April 03 2014 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
spudbays

Hmm....sounds like a little boy not wanting to go to school and his mommy made him go!! Seriously, I think he needs to grow up a bit more. I feel sorry for his mommy,....um... wife.

April 03 2014 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BARRY AND KATHY

Here's the problem I have with this story;
It said he wanted to avoid going to the OFFICE.
The closest this idiot ever got to an office was to CLEAN it or report to the principle.

April 03 2014 at 6:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply