Taco Bell: No Breakfast Menu Until Canada Takes Back Justin Bieber

Chain president's comment could have him in a gordita of trouble

Taco Bell President Withholds Breakfast From Canada

Ah, Canada: land of hockey, poutine, and No Taco Bell Breakfast Menu. While Brian Niccol, the president of the fast food chain, still has an eye on bringing the mythical waffle taco to our northern neighbors, he revealed in a Reddit 'Ask Me Anything' thread that a Canadian breakfast menu is contingent upon one very important factor.

"Only to America? When is this coming to Canada?" Reddit user bordss asked, regarding the chain's latest menu addition.

Niccol's response? "When you take Justin Bieber back."

Well played, taco man. Well played.

During the same Q&A, the president also revealed that sales in Colorado have escalated by 420 percent since marijuana was legalized in the state. It was unclear whether he was joking.

> Find a fast food job

Niccols's Reddit thread is just the latest of Taco Bell's attempts to harness social media as a means of spreading the taco gospel. A campaign aired earlier this week had a pronounced viral slant, with regular men who happen to be named Ronald McDonald declaring their undying love of Taco Bell products. The new breakfast menu, which the campaign was promoting, includes creations like the aforementioned waffle taco (pretty much what it sounds like), Cinnabon Delights (Cinnabon in convenient ball-form) and the A.M. Crunchwrap (don't even ask).

"We like to do things with a wink and a smile," Niccol said, perhaps referring to his food as much as his marketing tactics. But he'd do well to keep his eyes open and a lawyer on call. Earlier this year, Justin Bieber's marketing company filed a suit against a merchandiser who referred to the singer as an "idiot" on the Internet. So we have a strong feeling Taco Bell's been banned from the singer's tour bus.

Not to mention that Ronald McDonald must be livid right about now. And you won't like him when he's angry.

> Find a job at Taco Bell

Richard

Damn right! Take him back or no breakfast tacos for you!!

March 31 2014 at 8:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
polopolo37

JB does not have the intelligence to know the privilege of living in the USA, I as an immigrant do, in my daily prayer thank my creator for allowing me that privilege. Served in the US Army, separated with total of 140% disabilities,
lived in Germany as an American for 19 years, worked over 50 years and prepared for my retirement. I still think my debt to the USA has not been completely paid and as a cancer patient do not think I will have the time to do so.
I have requested to have the privilege to be placed in a National Cemetary, when my time arrives, I served my country well and followed the law of the land.
y advise to Mr. JB is to return to Canada while he still have money and fame. Bigger stars have fallen, fame and money are not guaranteed for ever.
polopolo37

March 31 2014 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MamaBear

Very funny reply, I admire the guy's sense of humor. But...considering Taco Bell's food quality, it's not much of a threat...IMO....

March 31 2014 at 4:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Paul

To all you parents out there who are complaining about Justin Beiber....just stop buying tickets to his concerts and CDs of his music for your kids. I doubt most of baby Beiber's fans have enough money to buy these things themselves. In other words....just say NO.

March 31 2014 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
quietandshy6s

i dont understand why he is still in states he did wrong thats oit . i know of a person who is 75 yeas okd he cant cross to be with friends he has and its only so call family he has. he stayed in states a little longer than suppose to because of car accident and when he went back he wasnt allowed to cross back . here u have a rich kid does drugs ecttt and its ok he can stay, a 75 year old man who has a nit of time walkin g and hearing impaired cant cross,

March 31 2014 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bradenfrost1

Never liked Bieber and after seeing his deposition video, I think he should be slapped with contempt of court and spend a week or 2 in jail. please grab the soap

March 29 2014 at 12:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
katie

If your parents did not teach you what the word "no" means when you are a baby.....ya won't know what it means when you are an adult. His parents must be sooo proud!!!

March 29 2014 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iwookter

..........Justin, you need to examine yourself son, help is available you know. Your momentary rise in fame will not last, then what?...At this point you'd think you would hear the roar of the crowd, but with your head in your ass....guess that's not possible.....did I call you son?...I meant BOY. You could never last in a real mans skin.

March 29 2014 at 11:23 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cmathias

Toco Bell has a smart Pres. and we (the Public) like his response to the offensive Canadian. Even friends that I know in Canada don't like him. Maybe send him to the North Poll.

March 29 2014 at 11:00 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
drb107

I think I like Taco Bell now, but I don't think Canada wants that little booger eater back

March 29 2014 at 10:55 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply