Spooky Activity Captured On Store Surveillance Video

It's the Snacking Dead

A general store in small town New Hampshire. A quirky staff. A shock of the supernatural. No, this isn't the setup for a new HBO series. A surveillance tape from Ellacoya Country Store in Gilford, New Hampshire recently revealed some spooky activity, but is it truly paranormal? Employee Heidi Boyd thinks it's a distinct possibility.

"I heard this big bang," she told WMUR-TV after a glass tray (caught on the surveillance tape) seemed to move by itself across the checkout counter and smash to the floor. "I walked around and looked and it was on the floor. It took several minutes to set in [and it's] still freaking me out."

The action starts around the 18-second mark, and it's admittedly pretty eerie. After Boyd leaves the room, the tray just wings itself over the edge and smashes, as if it's totally bent on self-destruction. Boyd can be seen hurrying back before the footage cuts off.

Store owner Steve Buzzota said that this isn't the store's first instance of potentially paranormal activity. He told WMUR that some people have "felt their shoulder pulled" by a strange presence, and claims to sometimes hear the sound of someone coming up the stairs when he's alone in the store. Meanwhile, manager Lisa Giles said that another employee once heard a man whistling.

"Anyone who's been here a substantial amount of time has seen something," she told the Huffington Post. "When we first opened the place, we saw the ghost of a man standing in the doorway."

> Find a ghost-related job

But not everyone's convinced, including Bryan Bonner, who works for the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Society. "The claims that this is some type of paranormal event are more proof of people needing free advertising or adding a little 'haunt' to the biz," he told Huffington Post.

Or maybe it's another kind of ghost.

Buzzota has pushed back against the tide of skepticism, denying that the tray could have been moved by a string. And Boyd has aired her frustrations on a nearby business's Facebook page.

R YOU KIDDING ME ...WE DID NOT MAKE THIS UP PEOPLE. I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN STORE!!!!! COULDNT SLIDE OFF AND LEAVE EVERYTHING UNDER IT UNTOUCHED !!! PEDASTLE HAS 3/4 "RIM AROUND THE PLATE !!! SO EXPLAINE HOW IT COULD SLIDE OFF. UMM CUZ IT DIDNT THATS WHY !!!"

Watch the video and decide for yourself. In the meantime, traffic to the Ellacoya Country Store has increased since the video went worldwide.

> Find a job as a store manager

New Hampshire Video May Change Your Mind About Ghosts

sunon

what kind of glass shatters the way this glass did?

April 24 2014 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debij

Call in Ghost Hunters. Jason can check into it.

April 03 2014 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

Well of course the only logical explanation for a glass container sliding off a countertop is the angry supernatural presence of a deceased human lashing out... I've never seen glass ride freely over a wet countertop, nor have I seen a difference in pressure within a vessel cause an object to move. Nope, it was definitely proof that spiritual presences exist and linger. Why is that so hard to believe? Parts of Europe have vampires, zombie sightings in Africa. Trust in your astrology, people. Sheesh!

March 30 2014 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Who ya gonna call?

March 27 2014 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
philsun73

New Hampshire and Maine Ghosts do abound. Kittery Maine Cemetary. It was summer. Mid day I had gone to visit a grave. A sudden evil presence. Suddenly very cold. I left immediately. I left the chill behind with the evil presence.. Someone close dies. the next morning I awaken. My full body had been taken over. I could not control my walk as I waliked disabled with my hands turned over my head. The way the newly deceased had walked. I prayed him out of my body. My right leg had been broken years before. It was now very sore in that spot, and remained sore for several days. I imagined, that was where my body had beed entered and exited.

March 27 2014 at 3:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tkacik

The video is a hoax. Watch how the person in the store disappears. Somebody is doing some fancy editing.

March 27 2014 at 2:52 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tkacik's comment
Lisa

I thought that too, but it was the skipping of the first video. Watch the second video. No skipping. She walks out of sight.

March 27 2014 at 3:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
SANDI

GHOSTS ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED UNEXPECTIDLY.........ACCIDENTS..MURDERS ECT. THEY DON'T KNOW THEY ARE DEAD. I TRULEY BELIEVE THIS. IF YOU DIE AT PEACE YOU LEAVE THIS WORLD. MAYBE TO RETURN REINCARNATED.

March 27 2014 at 2:33 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
zzyxx

mommy?...can i sleep with the lights on tonight?

March 27 2014 at 2:33 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
wlccx52

This is why this country is in big trouble....so many people do not take the time to look into things and demand proof. They take things for face value. Did ya see a ghost? Why not someone in the basement hitting the floor and causing the glass to fall off. Come on people....wake up.

March 27 2014 at 2:26 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
artistcasim

Well said buildathing, I wish you well, and thank you for confirming by your professional observation that this ghost video is fake. It brings peace of mind to those scared by it that you proved it is all amateur green screen technology. God, bless us. Bye now

March 27 2014 at 2:22 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply