November 19 2013 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm going through something similar. My company is going from a 4 diamond resort to a 5 diamond and I was told a few weeks ago that in order to keep my job that I would have to reapply and audition for my current position. I got a call from HR a few days later saying that I wouldn't be getting an audition because "with your beard, we feel you are not approachable to guests" (A beard I have had the entire time I've been there(6 years) She then tells me "If you shave it you can audition" I then remind her that I have it for religious reasons which my immediate supervisors knew about. Her voice then started shaking and she ended the call real quick. All of the auditions have passed so now I'm waiting to be laid off. My supervisors are not that happy with HR right now because I'm a good worker with no write ups or Guest complaints. Anyone know a good Attorney in San Diego?

November 15 2013 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

HR, The Executives way to puss out of firing their own employees

November 14 2013 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LA is Best

I wish that HR would call 0bama in!

November 14 2013 at 7:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I worked for a large New York bank for 6 yrs and 10 mos. I had a good attendance record and no discipline problems. I was a model employee like I was for another employer I worked for for 29 yrs and 3 mos. I was 60 when I started for this bank. The management is terrible from the bottom on up and really was not a good place to work. Very depressing because of the people that were in management. No incentive as far as good job well done or monetary rewards. Anyway when I had planned to retire in Feb. 2011 three months prior. I gave my retirement notice 2 hours before my shift was up. I got a lump sum retirement for the 7 yrs but I noticed on the stock purchase plan I was in, it says I was terminated but I gave notice that day and was gone for good. They put terminated on there to just try and get one last lick in but I was 67 and on ssn and have am in good financial shape. If they thought I wanted to work for that place again they are crazy and besides with my age and all I don't need them. It is funny they let some good people go with no notice but that was fine but they do not like it when someone else pulls what they do all the time. I had never left like that before but those in management left me no choice as I owed them big time.

November 13 2013 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Worked in personnel for years (I don't call it "human resources" because that sounds like slavery). Most of the time there was some kind of conflict between the boss and employee. If it was documented and justified I removed the employee, if not - not. There are a lot of other things you can do - transfer, mediate or counsel. Occasionally I found people who were hot heads or crrooks, like some here, and I discharged them - not good for the company.

November 13 2013 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

HR people are the lowest forms of life on the planet. They will lie, cheat, fabricate and falsify anything they have to to make the boss happy. I got fired from my last job because I thought I had crossed the line and pissed off one of our biggest contractors (I thought they were cheating us and the customers) . Well I was half right. They WERE cheating the customer and were in cahoots with my boss for the money. I was nosing around and making a stink and they wanted to bury me and this other guy so they cooked up a BS reason (fabriciated a nonexistent attendance issue) and fired me. I was so ticked at the classless way they handled it I just accepted the paperwork without contesting and left. I could have gotten unemployment and possibly sued for wrongful termination. The other guy and I did not get some measure of revenge. We reported them to the Federal Trade Commission...

November 13 2013 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

November 13 2013 at 5:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I agree with all of the above points EXCEPT the CRIME section. If you are GUILTY - take resonsibility for what you did. Lying or getting an attorney to try and get away with it is MORALLY WRONG! If you did it - take responsibility for your actions. Advising someone to "get an attorney" is just telling them to try to get away with it.

November 13 2013 at 5:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Tape record the entire conversation, fabricate a bit and make a case in your favor and then... SUE FOR $$$

If you are about to get laid off or fired, then prior to the HR meeting, fabricate a story of how your boss threatened you, then go see your private attorney and sue the Company for major $$$$

It's all about the $$$$ SUE THEM PRIOR TO AN HR VISIT