Not so easy to find a job right now and when your boss finds out you are looking for another job, the bullying and abuse gets this article is a little outdated.

October 17 2014 at 8:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

hi I am a employee for a hospital in I have recently went out on medical leave for depression in while gone a couple my co workers have told me that my boss have mention why I went out on leave in since she told them about my leave other coworkers have started bad mouthing my situation on why I have went out. What should I do? I have emailed her in told her I would like to sit down in talk about situations that were brought to my attention when I came back from my leave. I went from coming back excited to work back to being depressed in saddened because the things that were being said about me in my leave

September 27 2014 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I was recently terminated from my [JOB] of 41 months.
It all started over me goin’ over my boss’s head because the lazy bastard wouldn’t do what was needed for his staff. And almost immediately the intimidations & retaliations began. It got sooo bad that I had to be hospitalized for [STRESS]!!! So I kept a journal about how things were for me on a daily basis in that environment. I also recorded my boss statin’ to another member of staff that he was tryin’ to get me [FIRED]!!! (I know that you’re not supposed to record someone w/out their permission), but the way this ******* spoke to me (Like I was some [*****] that he just met that was tryin’ to steal his money & his dope) I felt compelled to.
I have a “FAMILY HISTROY” of Breast Cancer and it returned around the time of my birthday. So when I informed my boss about it the day after I was admitted. This “Moron” deleted my texted message (’cause that’s the way he prefers to communicate w/his staff). Then told another member of staff & his superiors that he didn’t receive anything/message from me in his phone. Well I documented that in my journal as well plus I still have the texted message in my phone. My co-worker had informed me about what the boss had done by( texted message) on the day of my release from the hospital. I was so stressed-out that I’d returned to work against my doctors orders to rest for two weeks after [CHEMO]. I know my former co-worker won’t speak up on my behalf for fear of losing his [JOB]. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to give the “VP” a copy of my journal & my documents until I was terminated.
Will this affect my claim for unemployment benefits, or should I be consulting w/an attorney now?!
My name is Marilyn, but I prefer to be called [KNUCKLES].

June 04 2014 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nora Adelman

i work with a bully who is considered head dental assistant. She constantly picks on me shuts me out and has destroyed my personal property ie.. sun glasses that i use to protect my patients eyes from harm and light. She removed them from my operatory and smashed them . She has admitted to this action to several others. I am 53 yrs old and she is 32 yrs. old, this has been reported to HR per our office manager to no avail, she also gave zanex to an 19 yr, old employee.No retribution has taken place. I don't understand this. please give me some advice.

November 06 2013 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Someone needs to enlighten Tyco Electronics Management, but as usual they would deny it.

October 31 2013 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

My boss was always writing us up on anything. And one day he wrote a co-worker up who sought vengeance. She did a background check on the boss and found out he had a pending charge for possession of cocaine. In three days of suspension the company investigated the information she submitted on him and well, you know how the rest goes. I would not report him. I believe in "Innocent unless PROVEN guilty" companies don't believe in that law.

October 31 2013 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Discrimination based on education also cannot be ignored in the workplace. Qualified workers are often exposed to resentment of coworkers and/or bosses. Jealousy comes into play and the qualified worker often deals with subtle or not so subtle putdowns on the job, one-upmanship , or is simply dismissed as an outcast. Look for a company that respects and appreciates your talents. Many companies have toxic work environments.

October 31 2013 at 9:06 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply