Well, unfortunately there're several items that won't work for,....uh, yeah,...Mr.Conway. That I had to go look for his name through all the balderdash and that basic advertising/branding mentions something about using the name of a product or service at least 3 times in presenting it without so much piffle it's a wonder he had ANY interest at all. Interviews were most likely granted out of quirkiness more than employment needs. I would suggest to Mr. Conway to change his campaign to one more of forthrightness and not so much gimmick. As an "Honours Advertising" graduate he should know well that it's doubtful career employment won't come from "morale" boosting of the type he thinks is what an employer desires is "talking" to others on the companies time unless it has something to do with his position. Floor sweep perhaps? Get a foot in the door Dan - serious up. As you state - you've got toddlers to take care of. Ad Exec's are a cynical group on the whole - this route won't go far to endear them. Someone may hire you out of charity now. But unless you keep up with putting yourself in their view - when it "dies down" - you'll be back at it. Network your fanny off and don't worry so much about chatting up the Office! If they could move on - they would've.

September 24 2013 at 5:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Don't "make make" the mistake of hiring someone who doesn't pay attention to detail when they write signs and they want to work in advertising.

September 24 2013 at 3:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Maybe if he would act like a normal person instead of someone who is a little deranged he might actually get someone to hire him. The fact that he has been laid off from several jobs also leads me to believe that he probably isn't a very good worker or can't get along well with others. I used to hire people and if their resume showed mutiple jobs in a 1-2 year period (and they weren't a student during that time), I would pretty much eliminate them automatically.

September 23 2013 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Dump the glasses you look like a clown. The reason so many jobs disappeared is because of computers and robotics. There has to be a discussion and a limit on how many jobs will be replaced by computers and robotics or the majority of people will not be able to afford to buy the crap being made by these inventions.

September 23 2013 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This dude could afford to buy new glasses if he weren't UNEMPLOYED!!! I doubt the glasses are the reason why he's not getting a job. I can totally relate. I've been out of work for 5 years and actively looking for an administrative assistant position. I try so I can't seem to get a job interview. If I do, I can't get past the phone screening. Employment agencies refuse to help me due to my long-term unemployment. I have two college degrees, good computer skills (Windows 8), type 60 wpm, have lots of work experience, etc. Still nothing. Please pray for us both!

September 23 2013 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to bunnyfeet's comment

Did you consider looking for a job out of your profession, at least to you get something better?

September 23 2013 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

"Dude"? Well, despite the vernacular,... there are places that hire if you have any kind of degree and can type well. In 5 yrs there have been openings for classes where - if you've been unemployed for this long government technical schools will wave or take payment from the government and offset any portion until someone is employed. Gotta call them though and most if not all can be found on the Internet wherever a person is. Annex's across most cities.

September 24 2013 at 5:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kimoni Kevin Johnson

September 23 2013 at 10:49 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kimoni Kevin Johnson's comment

It's also "scary" when someone doesn't understand the rules of grammar!

September 24 2013 at 5:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Sometimes you do need to take yourself seriously - if those glasses are for real and needed, change them out!!! They just scream - look at me, I'm goofy! Even though the guy is most experienced in advertising, he's presenting a bad advertisement of himself! I really hope someone hires him though (he is serious about needing a job) and it's a long-lasting relationship! I think he's a good guy, maybe just a little misdirected!

September 23 2013 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

As a hiring manager I would suggest to first get a new pair of glasses. The present ones scream "I am way out there" and do not seem to portray a solid advertising agent/exec.

September 23 2013 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Dude, lose those glasses! No one will take you seriously with those goggles!

September 23 2013 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply