While this may be true for most of the world, living in Italy for the past few years has taught me one thing - Italians emphesis on 'beauty' is epic among countries.

September 17 2013 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Who beneath the sun or stars did not already know this?

September 16 2013 at 11:51 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply

Oh my ugly Brothers and Sisters...let's join toggether...and make the attractive ones...UGLY LMAO!!!!

September 16 2013 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

So GlamourShots should enjoy a resurgence.

September 16 2013 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

So this is verifying once again that if you are attractive face things go easier for that attractive individual. Hmmmmmmm yeah this is news why?

September 16 2013 at 6:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to riveracj2's comment

You said, also verbatim, what I was going to write!

September 16 2013 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Who is conducting these studies and (probably) making very good money doing them??? This is nothing that working people don't know already! I know it very well - I used to be a lot slimmer but have gained weight over the years (depression after my mother died). I know I don't look much like my former self and my interviews bear testimony to this! Used to I knew that I had a better than 50% chance of getting a job if I got an interview (on one of my jobs, another employee told me that she knew I had the job when she saw me get out of the car even!). Now getting an interview means absolutely nothing. I'm not hideous but I sure don't have the nice figure I used to and I really think my weight has a lot to do with me not getting the jobs (for some reason, being overweight is supposed to translate to being lazy)!

September 16 2013 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Nothing helps more than "knowing someone" for State jobs. For others, I suggest qualifications and work ethics are the most important.

September 16 2013 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Ok. I'm a average good looking guy and have always found it easy to find a good paying job. But I'm also a hard working person. So once I got the job, I earned every promotion I got. Did looks help?? I'm not sure but I am sure my work ethic also helped. And my best buddy who is not anyway close to being good looking is my boss. And he started with me. Go figure. PS- we are both retired now and are still the best of friends.

September 16 2013 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Slow news day, I guess.... Come on. Tell us something we don't already know. Whether ugly or pretty, homely or handsome, we all see it happen every day and/or night or our lives. The more attractive a person is, the more opportunity they get in return from others. All the sugar coated talkers and liberals thinking "but, that's not fair," (and continue to pursue false hopes for the ugly and homely) need to accept one of life's most important known facts; "Life is never fair for everyone." It never was. It never will be. Life is only what someone makes it for themself, and there's plenty of opportunity for the ugly and homely folks. It's just more likely to be an opportunity outside of the public eyes. I don't anyone prefers to observe ugly or homely over the opposite. If anyone tells you that, well, you're simply hearing a liar (or someone in denial) speaking. That's all. End of story.

September 16 2013 at 4:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply