'Undercover Boss': Top Moments From Season 4 [VIDEO]

Undercover Boss Top MomentsOne reason why the CBS reality show "Undercover Boss" has remained popular through four seasons is that it offers a peek into what ordinary American workers really do all day -- while the boss watches on, often flabbergasted. Whether the show is contrived, as some TV critics complain, or the unvarnished truth, as CBS contends, there's no question that the show has had some entertaining, even shocking moments this season.

Workers let it rip, swearing with abandon, almost as if cursing was part of their job description. Some showed extraordinary comfort in using their sex appeal to make a sale. At the same time, the CEOs' trip from corner office to front lines sometimes forced them to face their own personal demons -- as well as the reality of paying workers' low salaries. At least one exec realized that an employee, despite putting in full-time hours, was living in a homeless shelter. So what were the top moments in Season 4? Here are our picks:

1. Mood Media CEO Lorne Abony

Posing as "Beau," a failed nightclub owner appearing on a "second chances" reality show, Mood Media CEO Lorne Abony met Devin, an assembly line worker. Devin told Abony about how he decided to reconnect with his father, from whom he had cut off ties after "one messy night." For Abony, the story sounded very familiar. He too had cut off ties from his father, who went AWOL during his youth, as he said during the episode. And as seen in the clip above, the meeting inspired Abony to start a new chapter in his life.

2. Tilted Kilt CEO Ron Lynch

As CEO of the Tilted Kilt, a so-called "breastaurant" food chain, Lynch is proud that his workers use their sex appeal. He posed as "Ryan Good," a failed sporting goods store owner appearing on a reality show to win money to launch a new business. But Lynch was shocked to see just how far one worker pushed the envelope. Kaliane, a waitress at a Tilted Kilt franchise in San Diego, told a joke involving jam, jelly and sexual intercourse, and also made use of a pile of straws and whipped cream in a rather sexually obvious display. As seen in the clip above, Lynch decided he needed to give his young worker a serious reprimand.

Related Stories

Looking for a job? Click here to get started.

Cj Macintosh

Better watch the other babies in the nursery or Kim will switch her ugly Kanye looking baby for a different one ,lol

June 19 2013 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cpallandro

Given a choice of watching this show, or washing dishes, I'd happily crawl in the dishwasher...

June 19 2013 at 2:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
siscosdad

This is so awful! And on such a top-rated Emmy-wining show, too.
I watched part of it once. Thank heaven for PBS, Discovery, Nat Geo, and such channels or we'd be forced to watch this drivel.

June 19 2013 at 1:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
passion4posh

Its always fake and acting when a white girl is seen in a derogatory light. Had the black girl been unprofessional as that twit Jackie, no one would be able to convince you her actions were scripted

June 19 2013 at 1:06 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
xbyfan

IRS scandal " are u registered to vote : yes I am . DO you have a party affiliation ? Yes I do .What is your party affiliation ? I am a conservative republican > HMMM ?? DO you enhance extra scrutiny for your own brothers the tea baggers ? I do not trust them when they claim tax exempt status !!

June 19 2013 at 12:27 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Freddy De Joint

Why don't we take the camera's and see how clean our goverment officals are

June 19 2013 at 12:16 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Freddy De Joint's comment
cpallandro

Depending on what you got on viideo, you might just disappear.

June 19 2013 at 1:59 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Tim

I stupidly gave up any idea of ever having a social life, or family. It was assumed and assured, that anyone who was making an impact would be put up for pre-IPO options. That never happened for me, even though my boss was in charge of all sales and his brother was president of the company.
While I was there the company grew from 282 employees to 6000. Sales revenue exploded from approximately $14 Million to $1 billion. I was a sales engineer who has since been acknowledged as the best sales engineer they had, by my VP boss.

At one point, while $8500 in unpaid business travel debt from airfare and hotels, (no business class, or 4 star hotels, often in 2 star hotels, in places like India, Philippines, Thailand, etc. I asked the President of the company for $200.00 to put gas in my car when I came home from a 32 day trip.

The President of the company asked me what I did with ALL my money. At the height of the stock, I sold it for $2900.

The president cashed out for ~ $USD 1 Billion, his partner the COO left with ~ $USD 600 Million, my boss left with ~ $USD 400 Million. When the company went into receivership from International mail fraud, and SEC violations I was let go. :-(

This is real life folks, so don't get your hopes up!!!

June 19 2013 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xbyfan

can we send an undercover boss to chairman of oversight committee ; Darrel Isa ?

June 18 2013 at 11:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to xbyfan's comment
siscosdad

How 'bout sending one to the White House?

June 19 2013 at 1:26 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to siscosdad's comment
Charles

We already have that. Isn't President Obama always on T.V. patting himself and his administration on the back? Also isn't he already giving his "employees" (his friends) huge amounts of money (taxpayers money) and promotions??

June 19 2013 at 3:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
xbyfan

people used to trust government - but our congress has lost public trust as we keep those paid lairs to do their JOB !! Latest finding : I am a conservative republican who did the enhanced scrutiny for tax exempt status claimed by my fellow tea party friends ! Isa exposed for being a taxpayerpaid liar!!

June 18 2013 at 11:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xbyfan

can we send an undercover boss to our congress ? You will be amazed what you could find - lots of conspiracy theorists concocting breaking news !!

June 18 2013 at 11:50 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply