Then again, what do you expect from a bunch of cats still using aol... I digress.

August 14 2013 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Wow i'm amazed at how many egotistical pricks there are on here, acting as if they never missed a comma or capitalization. Shame on you! This kid is better off, i'll bet everyone at that office hates this particular H.R. person. Seriously, all of you who are talking smack are a bunch of up tight hypocrites that doesn't think their poo smells. I'll bet if I thumbed through your inbox I could find several typos within the hour. Also phones aren't exactly know for being the best at correcting mistakes and often insert them because of poor dev. Ugh, sickening that so many are so obviously not self-aware.

August 14 2013 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

and to think if he was from California he could have been emailing in ebonics.

May 30 2013 at 5:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Sorry, but he should know that. I wouldn't have hired him. It does matter.

May 30 2013 at 3:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to anteekazoid's comment

That's cause you're a jerk who thinks that they're perfect.

August 14 2013 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I work in exports. In many cases, English is not the first language for our customers. It's absolutely essential for me to use correct spelling (including proper capitalization) and grammar. It's not petty - it's a matter of clarity.

May 29 2013 at 7:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

What do you expect from our education system? The only thing being taught is how to pass the national tests kids must take.. There is no thinking in school. Just pass the test and the hell with any real teaching.

May 29 2013 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sstuczynsk's comment

Really, are you that niave, kids today have a wider breath of knowledge than any prior generation, thanks to advances in technology.

May 29 2013 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to rostra's comment

Sorry but I disagree, today's children generally cannot write a letter. They can text, they can email brief replies, but write a business letter? Most cannot and that's a reflection of their education. They rarely read classic literature anymore. They do not spell and now, they aren't going to be required to learn cursive writing. Most cannot add or multiply in their head or even on a piece of paper without a calculator - They also rarely know how to act in social settings. They generally stand next to one another without speaking and text. The only wider knowledge they have is how to google an answer, or apply an app. They don't know how to think for themselves. Granted, there are a few who can, but the majority cannot. I was a hiring manager, I had to test all these so called "smart students"

May 29 2013 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down

S/B: "Breadth" (so sorry, I can be quite anal about spelling, nobody'd get a second interview with me unless they were very good spellers, or could use a dictionary properly)

breadth noun \ˈbretth, ˈbredth, ÷ˈbreth
Definition of BREADTH
: distance from side to side : width
: something of full width
a : comprehensive quality : scope
b : liberality of views or taste
— breadth·wise adverb or adjective

Examples of BREADTH

We measured the height, breadth, and depth of each piece of furniture.

Origin of BREADTH

Middle English breadeth, breth, from brede breadth (from Old English brǣdu, from brād broad) + -th (as in lengthe length)

"Breath" on the other hand, is what delivers oxygen to our lungs, right?

May 30 2013 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down

I am proud of this employer. I hate text-speak,it drives me crazy. My 17 year old son does to and if someone e-mails or texts him in text speak he won't respond. It shows just how lazy people have become.

May 29 2013 at 6:34 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to CamaroAustin's comment

Maybe he will learn a good lesson from this. He will recover.

May 29 2013 at 3:49 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

I've often wondered when using lazy text format would infiltrate the business world. Congratulations for this company insisting on good writing skills.

May 29 2013 at 3:44 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

That's pretty petty don't you think? Considering that these days the highest educated people that are in CEO,CFO, President and VP positions of various financial institutions are responsible for practically bankrupting this country, a lower case 't' is really no big deal.

May 29 2013 at 3:26 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply