Troy Allen

I came out of the navy as enlisted.....I make over 100k a yr base pay. It's all how you carry yourself....and your work ethic.....that means more than a degree.

April 16 2014 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Yall are right about the trucking industry. I was talking to a grandson today about jobs. Hes 14. Truck driving came up. Lots of jobs driving all kinds of vehicles and in lots of fifferent types of driving opportunities. Mentioned the Army has the best driving school in the world.

February 12 2014 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The main ingredient, of an employee, is his/her work ethic. In the U.S. we've destroyed this ingredient, by letting freinds and relatives, get the jobs, not hiring the best for the job. We DON"T NEED Human Resource departments. If I have a Foreman or Supervisor , that is responsible for getting the job done in time, within budget, I can at least let him hire his own people. Each applicant must be given a test, and pass, the specific test for the job. In this society, DRUG TESTING is a must, especially in government positions.
In dealing with many top corporations, I have found the greatest use of illegal drugs, in top management. This is because, many in top managemenr, are there because of freinds and relatives, and are not bright enough to do their job. Remember: the difference between Difficult and Easy, If you know what you are doin, its Easy, if not, its Difficult, or Impossible. For over 40 years, I ran Machinery repair businesses, My top peope could make over $250k, depending on how much they wanted or were capable, of working.
We did have engineers, that left engineering, to make more. Many were scared to get their hands dirty. They didn't make it.

May 22 2013 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. Ed

ad Realtor to the list

May 22 2013 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm a 21 year old sales rep who got nothing but my GED and I make more than all of these jobs.

May 22 2013 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

What the !@#$ A receptionist 25k, hair stylist 22k. I thought it said good jobs.

May 22 2013 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Funny that HuffPost left out a job begging for people. There is a constant shortage of Truck Drivers. Open seats around the country.

May 22 2013 at 6:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to tcdesalvo's comment
Mr. Ed

they just wrote down the first 10 jobs in their office they saw

May 22 2013 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm a retired truck driver . I retired at 55. I really enjoyed my job but knew when it was time to let a younger generation take over. I highly encourage women to get into driving. Besides the trucking industry is mgetting into automatic trucks. Makes for an easier transition from car to truck. I hear its ok. I chose not to drive an auto. I taught at a community college. I think their may even be assistance for those who qualify. Good luck and stay safe on the road.

May 23 2013 at 5:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply