Amy's Baking Company Has Epic Facebook Fail

Amy Bouzaglo of Amy's Baking CompanyA Scottsdale, Ariz., pizzeria made TV history Friday, when Gordon Ramsay walked off an episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" for the first time. But that was just the start of the bad press for Amy's Baking Company, after the restaurant's social media accounts blew up with salty language that would make even Ramsay blush.

In the show, the restaurant's owners were shown pocketing staff's tips, serving up frozen ravioli and fighting with a customer who'd been waiting for an hour. Viewers quickly took to Reddit and Yelp to make their disgust known, calling owners Amy (pictured) and Samy Bouzaglo "VILE human beings," "creepy ass psychopaths," "fake christian... a$$-hats," and "terrorist."

In response, owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo violated two very fundamental rules of small business ownership: Don't have profanity-laced, nonsensical rants on your social media accounts, and never make the Internet mad.

"You people are all s***. Yelp s***. Reddits s***. Every s***. Come to here, I will f***ing show you all," read one of their Facebook posts. "come to my business. say it to my face. man to man," read another. "my wife is a jewel in the desert. you are just trash. reddits and yelpers just working together to bring us down. pathetic." (Excerpted posts retain their original grammar and spelling.)

And:

YOU DON'T KNOW US!! WE WILL THRIVE. WE WILL OVERCOME! WE ARE STARTING OUR FAMILY, AND WE WILL TEACH OUR CHILD EXACTLY WHAT >>GOD<< WANTS IN THEIR PATH. WE WILL TEACH THEM HOW TO FIGHT AGAINST OPRESSORS LIKE YOU PEOPLE! WE WILL START A GENERATION OF TRUTHFULLNESS AND WE WILL FIGHT TO BRING PLACES LIKE, YELP AND REDDIT, AND HORRIBLE PEOPLE LIKE GORDON TO THE LIGHT

More: How Not To Get Fired For Facebook Posts: 6 Tips

All these comments have since been deleted from Facebook (you can still read them on Twitter), and yesterday Amy's posted on its Facebook page:

Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy.

The "Reddits" weren't convinced, accusing the couple of amping up their crazy in the name of "all publicity is good publicity," or perhaps to score a reality TV deal, or perhaps just because they were crazy.

Not Their First Internet Smackdown
Two years ago, someone left a scathing one-star review of the restaurant on Yelp, and Amy responded on the website, calling the customer a "moron" with an "ugly face and ugly opinions."

"I'm not going to lay down and let people write whatever they want to write about me," Amy told TV station KTVK at the time.

Another KTVK reporter swung by the restaurant on Tuesday. "I went onto our Facebook and I saw these posts and I freaked out," Amy told her. Some curious residents had also stopped by to check out the now infamous restauranteurs in the flesh.

"This is opening fire," Samy told them as he ushered them out. "This is Internet war!"

Update 05/16: Amy's Bakery announced on Facebook that they would host a Grand Re-Opening next Tuesday with a portion of their restaurant profits dedicated to an unnamed charity that raises awareness about cyber-bullying.

"Customers will be able to decide who is correct," they wrote, "a famous celebrity chef or the marketplace that has supported the small, locally-owned business for six years."

Related Stories

Looking for a job? Click here to get started.

dfoster

After listening to the exchanges that came out of Amy and Sami's mouths, their admissions about stealing their employees tips, and firing an employee that did nothing wrong except speak the truth, I have NO respect for either of them and would avoid their restaurant at all costs.

April 14 2014 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
myrsbill67bill

I was amazed that a patron stood by the register being cursed by Sami and demanding money when the man ate nothing! I would have kicked his ass so high he could look straight ahead and see his pucker wrinkles. I have never had control in that type situation as he had and I was ashamed for him. As Schwartzkopf once said, "Nobody evah spits on me" and lives" or words to that effect lol.

April 14 2014 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

The FBI crime unit? Yeah I'm sure they have nothing else to do.

April 14 2014 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lydia Nieves

I just have to say GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY!!! and STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! and one more thing I forgot to mention Amy. DON'T USE GOD'S NAME IN VAIN!!!!! , instead of venting you should be praying.

April 14 2014 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pjgblg

I suspect only idiots and morons would take them seriously

April 14 2014 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crux101

These people love attention...ANY attention...you can always tell by the eyebrows and Amy's in particular are scary. How much time does she spend to look like that? (and how much pizza money to her surgeon?)

April 14 2014 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff Mendez

Well obviously Gordon ramsey was, is and will be forever right. That Amy needs to be put in her place

December 28 2013 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Realitybased

Anyone who eats here should be aware that she has done prison time for Identity Theft . Strongly suggest you only use Cash to pay the bill- otherwise you will be ripped off. Big time

May 21 2013 at 3:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hard207

I feel really bad for these people. I think they let their emotions get the best of them. I do not know how they will ever live this down?

May 16 2013 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hard207's comment
Celeste

Why would you feel SORRY for these cretins? They are obviously horrible human beings who do not deserve your pity.

August 07 2013 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
haxlily

Who would support an "unnamed charity" from a couple cool with stealing tips from young hardworking adults? Are they the anti bullying unnamed charity? If anything they should be writing a check to a real charity to amend for their treatment toward their employees and customers. I'd love to see a class action suit brought up against those two by all employees currently working and who formerly worked for them describing the hostile, harassing working conditions created by those two.

May 16 2013 at 2:56 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to haxlily's comment
Realitybased

See my above post- she has done prison time for ID theft so to see her stealing tips from people who depend on them because they are paid much less then minimum wage is beyond appalling and evil.

Do Not Use Any Credit/Debit cards a this place. USE ONLY CASH.

May 21 2013 at 3:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Realitybased's comment
Celeste

They sound revolting--I'm really hoping no one patronizes their crummy restaurant anymore. They need to be shut down permanent.

August 07 2013 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down