Fortune 500: 10 Best Companies To Work For In 2013

Man reaching out to shake handsOn Monday, Fortune magazine released the Fortune 500, its annual ranking of the 500 wealthiest publicly traded U.S. companies. You can learn a lot from the businesses that dominate the list, like the fact that America loves oil, credit cards, and cars. But for your average job-seeking American, there's an important detail missing: Which of these companies would you actually want to work for?

So Fortune magazine looked at which of the Fortune 500 also appeared on their best-companies-to-work-for list this year, which takes into account factors such as work-life balance, training, pay and turnover. So if you like the stability, benefits and opportunities offered by extremely rich corporations, but don't like the bureaucracy, invisibility or slow-pace that sometimes dog them, check out Fortune's top picks below.

Related Stories

Looking for a job? Click here to get started.

Top Companies Everyone Wants to Work For

Finance Solutions

We offer good & bad credit loan. No credit OK! Bad credit OK! Bankruptcy OK! You can achieve approval for unsecured loans up to $35,000 even if you have a history of foreclosure, judgments, liens and or repossession! Our process is fast, simple and your privacy is secure.

We offer loans ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 @ 2% interest, loan ranging from $100,000 to $500,000 Attract a high interest of 3% and loan ranging from $500,000 to 1 Million attract an interest of 5%.

Email Us or Visit our website for more information about our loan service and requirement. www.financesolutionsinvestment.gnbo.com.ng

Warm Regards
Management,
Finance Solutions Investment.
Email: financesolutionsinvestment@gmail.com
Web: www.financesolutionsinvestment.gnbo.com.ng

September 07 2013 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TCHSPIRIT6

historically IBM has always been a top drawer employer. wondering why this
company is not included. they certainly have more locations, flexibility in
re-locating and other benefits.

May 13 2013 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Victoria

I think it was NBC in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. It has been so long, I don't remember! I tried a couple of times during my working days....and never did I get in. If I did, I would of been so very happy and still working, I am sure

May 13 2013 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
podcat1023

Its sad. Most good jobs around you have to know someone in the company to get in. Especially town office jobs, etc.

May 10 2013 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

Hadley. although Steven`s story is unbelievable, on friday I got a great new GMC from earning $9319 this-past/month and over ten/k this past-month. it's realy the best work Ive had. I started this 3 months ago and practically straight away began to bring in minimum $69 per/hr. I went to this site, All29.com

May 09 2013 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stvhndyman

Gee, Home Depot, or aka Home Despot, wasn't on this list? (sarcasm)

May 09 2013 at 5:07 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to stvhndyman's comment
s48man

Wonder why Bernie and Arthur are gone i put a long career there is by no means evenclose to th good old days.

May 09 2013 at 8:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jlargemarge6656

spell check people. spell check. Thenks

May 09 2013 at 2:24 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ga7smi

General Mills is better than any of those robber baron corps - Thankfully I don\'t have to work for any of them

May 09 2013 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

funny, the only food chain I have been tha all th employees semm to be happy is Chic_fil_a. Even the last time at olive garden right after hours were cut to avoid Obama care, they were not a happy bunch.

May 09 2013 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

I just love that picture of Olive Garden, which is taken in Times Square. I am a New Yorker, and I find it hilarious that millions of people visit NYC each year, and some of them choose to eat at an Olive Garden! Wow. Why travel for that?

May 08 2013 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Susan's comment
XO

I agree. With so many great INEXPENSIVE quality restaurants in NYC it baffles me. Most American tourists are afraid of trying something new.,unlike the Europeans. Try some of the restaurants on 9th Avenue. They will surprise you. For Italian, try Amarone on 9th Ave near W. 47th. The food is great, price is right and great attentive service.

May 09 2013 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply