Worst Job In America Is ...
The list is based on five factors: physical demands, work environment, income, stress and hiring outlook. This year, the 25th year of the CareerCast list, technological advancements appear to have complicated -- if not threatened -- several once-comfortable and sought-after American professions.
Not all jobs at the bottom of the list pay badly. One even pays an average salary of $60,750, while the average salary for a full-time worker in the U.S is around $41,000. In fact, the list of the worst jobs includes gigs that might always be considered desirable -- that is, once you reach the top of the field. Below are the bottom 10 on the list of 200 jobs, along with average salary information -- with No. 1 on the ranking being considered the least desirable. But tell us, what do YOU think is the worst job in America?
The Worst Jobs of 2013:
10. Flight Attendant -- Average income: $37,740.
9. Roofer -- Average income: $34,220.
8. Mail Carrier -- Average income: $53,090.
7. Meter Reader -- Average income: $36,400.
6. Dairy Farmer -- Average income: $60,750.
5. Oil Rig Worker -- Average income: $37,640.
4. Actor -- Average income: $17.44/hour.
3. Enlisted Military Personnel -- Average income:$41,998.
2. Lumberjack -- Average income: $32,870.
1. Newspaper Reporter -- Average income: $36,000.
Do you agree ? What do you think is the worst job in America? Share your comments below.
See the 10 best jobs.
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
- 8 Qualities The Best Employees Have
- How To Find A Job That Is A Good 'Fit'
- 4 Retail Jobs That Pay Surprisingly Well
Looking for a job? Click here to get started.
Dan Fastenberg has more than a decade of experience working as a journalist. Most recently he was a reporter with TIME Magazine covering politics with analyst Mark Halperin. Previously, he was a writer for the Thomson Reuters news service's Latin America desk. He was also a reporter and associate editor for the Buenos Aires Herald while living in South America. Follow Dan on Twitter. Email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Add Dan to your Google+ circles.more...