Angela J Shirley

Well I am glad this all worked for him. Since not everyone can do what he did, quit his job and pour his savings into school - these programs need to start getting involved in helping the less fortunate. Scholarships would be a great start. If they helped just ONE "unemployed" person every 9 weeks, think of how this would help our economy. It is time programs like this realize that they need to contribute to society. Wow, $11,000 - that is like the cost of a brand new car!!!

December 12 2013 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SUN CHASER has over 50 programming bootcamps reviews and side-by-side comparison of Ruby on Rails, Javascript, PHP, Python and C programming schools

December 04 2013 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I've heard of people so desperate for work that they take a free work week if hired or pay the boss at the interview for the job.

April 23 2013 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

the chicago politician prez wasted trillions of hard-earned American $s in funding union jobs for votes socialist jobs bills to help be reelected! he even gave away billions of our tax $s to reward terrorist groups for taking over egypt and libya, which over $100 million was laundered to finance the prez' reelection campaign. that's corrupt politics chicago-style.

April 22 2013 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

advertsiment - and BS

April 22 2013 at 10:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Retro Leds

I think this is a load of stinkbricks - yeah, we churn out web developers in 9-12 weeks. Sure, you might teach them to build a website(probably much of it templated out) but that isn't a "Web developer", that is just a web site builder/coder. A true website developer needs to understand about business, advertising, graphics, markets, best uses of different technologies(and when not to use them). Funny article - why wasn't this in the humor section?

April 22 2013 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I think this is a great idea and would help revolutionize the way we go to school. Instead of traditional school programs that require 1-2 years of general studies (English, social studies, basic algebra, and etc) classes that most people learned in High School before continuing on the next 2-4 years to 'the meat and potatoes' of what their field is about.

It doesn't make sense to force students into these extra electives just to earn 'credits'. All colleges should be like technical schools and all focus should be on job oriented tasks and knowledge. I don't need or care about the history of how we found electricity to learn how to wire a house. Just teach me what to do and not do. I don't need write an essay on the production of corn, I don't need to take calculus or learn biology. Just teach me my frigging job and let me go do it! Why does that take 4 years? An apprenticeship would only take a year or two. So why do I need to sit in school for twice that to learn what I would on the job in half?

April 16 2013 at 3:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to unshy13's comment
Retro Leds

Because then you would be some shmuck that would be fairly useless outside of the limited scope of what you were taught. Knowing a little about how it used to be done adds greatly to your confidence in why we do it differently NOW.

April 22 2013 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This idea is the same as a trade school was years ago and a great idea. Not everyone gives a damn about the history of the medium. Let them learn how to do the job. These people can get out on the job in a short time and not be buried in debt for the rest of their lives. Maybe some of the liberal arts professors will be signing up for this when they lose their jobs.

April 22 2013 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

not reading this but the azzhead needs to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

April 16 2013 at 2:57 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Jag Financial

Great Article and when you finish the school here is a way to pay off your debt and save on the interest in a fraction of the time;

April 16 2013 at 12:28 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

My wife said she would pay 12K for me to be 30 years Younger, Don't know why ?

April 15 2013 at 5:35 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply