Survey: Creepiest Requests From Bosses
The national survey of more than 3,500 workers found that most workers respect their boss (64 percent), though 1 out of 3 think they're smarter than their managers. But when asked to describe their day-to-day assignments, a surprising number complained that they were asked to do things that were, well, a bit unusual. If not creepy.
Here are 12 of the most outlandish requests that survey respondents said they'd received from a boss:
1. Be a surrogate mother for her child.
2. Spy on senior management.
3. Buy a rifle for him.
4. "Hook him up" with illegal substances.
5. Go online and post false favorable comments about him.
6. Come up with a science fair project for her daughter.
7. Fire the boss's brother.
8. Lend him $400 for a down payment on a car.
9. Remove her stitches.
10. Bail another co-worker out of jail.
11. Clip her dog's nails
12. Help plan her wedding.
What's the craziest thing a boss has asked you to do, and how did you handle it?
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
Looking for a job? Click here to get started.
Dan Fastenberg was most recently a reporter with TIME Magazine. Previously, he was a writer for the Thomson Reuters news service's Latin America desk. He was also a reporter and associate editor for the Buenos Aires Herald while living in South America.
Follow Dan on Twitter. Email Dan at email@example.com. Add Dan to your Google+ circles.