Ed Austin

The firing of Nicole and several other professionas at the Weather Channel just shows how arrogant NBC is. This is no longer a "Weather Channel", but more of a Weather Show". I used to be a real fan of the W.C., but rarely , if ever, tune in to it now. If NBC wants to fire someone from another program, get rid of Matt Lauer on the Today show. This would be a first step in the right direction to cleaning house!!

May 29 2015 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tory Tomminson

She costs $3,500 for 45 minutes, but, yes, it was the best poon I ever had.

May 23 2014 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Well, she does a great job at AJAM.

May 08 2014 at 7:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

FYI, NBC (no brain cells) bought the Weather Channel in 2008, and the stupidity has increased exponentially ever since. Some really great professionals have been dismissed-more like frog marched to the door, for the most asinine reasons. May NBC and its useful idiots reap what they've sown.

February 17 2014 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to James's comment

On July 6, 2008, NBC Universal, Bain Capital and Blackstone Group agreed to purchase The Weather Channel from Landmark.

July 09 2014 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

NBC has the brown midas touch. Everything they touch turns to crap. This is just another perfect example of the corporate takeover of America. It's all about them and how much money they can stuff into their pockets. I definitely miss Maj. Mitchell but she is much better not working for a bunch of two faced asses. I wish her the very best of everything and I am so very proud of her and all of her accomplishments.

September 19 2013 at 4:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I had No Idea that nbc owns the weather channel. I did stop watching it a couple years ago because the amount of commercials had tripled and could not get a decent weather report during hurricane season in was commercials ALL the time. Now I am happy I stopped. I have not watched nbc since the Ann Curry firing. Happy to know this fact. Thanks HP.

May 13 2013 at 1:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Maj. Nicole Mitchell, thank you and all fellow Reservists and members of the AirNational Guard for your
service to the nation in both combat and non-combat roles. Note to the employers and potential employers
of the selfless folks-you have the opportunity to hire some of the most motivated and well trained-
potential employees.

May 13 2013 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply

I hope that not only she wins her suit if she decides to do so, but that many others will sue. How can this still be happening in 2013?

May 11 2013 at 1:01 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply

I was a long time member of the Army Reserve. I got a new boss at my civilian job and he told me in no uncertain terms that I would be fired if I continued my service committment of 2 days a month and 15 days a year. I told him to put it in writing. He was dumb enough to do that. I took the letter to HR and they cut him loose by the end of the week. Never had another problem.

May 05 2013 at 2:59 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply

I glad i am not alone in thinking the worst thing that happened to the weather channel is nbc //a bunch of idiots with the worst programming // the last thing i want to do is wake up with that chubby little today show retread al//they do anything to avoid the weather

May 04 2013 at 10:02 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply