5 Most In-Demand Creative Jobs
If you think creative jobs such as design or writing are impossible gigs to get, think again. Creative staffing agency Vitamin T compiled the top five most in-demand creative jobs in North America, as well as the skills needed to get the job. Companies of every size and type need creative individuals to help their business grow, and these roles top the list of most needed.
"We've seen a surge of new job opportunities in the creative space requiring high-demand digital skills," says Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T. "Our fastest-growing areas are creative talent who bring strong user experience and frontend development skills, with growth rates of 51 and 75 percent respectively over the prior year."
Here are the five most in-demand creative jobs*:
1. Design and user experience.
- Key skills needed: Ability to employ design principles to reach a targeted audience of users effectively.
- Average annual salary: Design -- $81,000, user experience -- $94,000.
User-experience designers use data to generate interactive experiences for specific audiences. They are responsible for understanding what the user wants and incorporating user-analysis information and feedback into the mechanics of a website. Their responsibilities may include testing and improving the usability and quality of a user experience. They must have an expert-level understanding of graphic design and Web technologies.
- Average annual salary: $75,000.
- Key skills needed: Copywriting for a wide range of deliverables, from print ads to blogs to social media.
- Average annual salary: $70,000.
- Key skills needed: Knowledge of digital technologies, and outstanding time management and persuasion skills.
- Average annual salary: $74,000.
- Key skills needed: Ability to integrate online marketing across all outlets, from websites to social media, and strong analytical skills.
- Average annual salary: $67,000
*The jobs list, key skills required and average annual salary are based on Vitamin T's job requests from small and medium businesses and agencies throughout North America.
Susan Ricker is a writer and blogger for CareerBuilder.com and its job blog, The Work Buzz. She researches and writes about job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues.
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
More From AOL Jobs
- Cool Jobs: 5 Interesting Careers That Are Easy To Break Into
- There Should Be More Hollywood Mailrooms
- Best Jobs For Introverts (And Extroverts)
Looking for a job? Click here to get started.
CareerBuilder’s team of career advisers, editors and writers are experts in job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues. Get daily job advice on www.TheWorkBuzz.com, follow CareerBuilder on Twitter at twitter.com/Careerbuilder and become a fan of CareerBuilder on FaceBook.more...