One of Kiser's first steps was to add a career highlights section to Lisa's resume. This portion of the resume was filled with industry-related keywords to grab the hiring manager's attention while focusing on Lisa's strong achievements and demonstrating her depth of financial knowledge.
863 Flakes Mill Road SE • Atlanta, GA 30305
Mobile: (404) 698-3557 • E-mail: email@example.com
Financial Services Professional
Highly qualified and accomplished financial professional offering 11+ years of experience in leadership and direction in the financial services and financial products industries. Combine expert technical and analytical qualifications along with broad knowledge and background of underwriting, risk management, and due diligence. Offer strong background with loan servicing, asset management, and loss mitigation strategies. Excel in professional staff training, development, mentoring, and leadership.
Core Business Competencies
|Financial Planning & Analysis
Negotiation Skills: Leveraged strong negotiation skills, achieving ranking as a top producer, surpassing all quotas and consistently creating favorable outcomes.
High-Impact Presentations: Delivered dynamic, highly effective presentations that were clear and concise, conveying facts and information in an engaging manner. Devised winning sales presentations, and trained/managed the team that ranked #1 in company sales for two years.
Problem Solving: Utilized critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to resolve complex financial challenges while handling a voluminous number of files, and received multiple customer service awards.
Client Relationship Management: Spurred business growth and long-term profitability through effective use of client relationship management techniques, while closing more contracts and outperforming the competition.
Experience & Achievements
Bank of America, Atlanta, GA 2009–Present
CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER LEVEL 4
Evaluate, approve, and underwrite complex consumer loans, adhering to company and industry guidelines. Serve as a subject-matter expert, assisting with difficult problems and questions, handling escalated calls, providing work direction, and training to underwriting staff. Coach and mentor lower-level underwriters on decision-making and departmental processes and policies, and provide performance feedback to their supervisors. Facilitate highly effective technical training to ensure organizational consistency.
- Applied sharp organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking abilities while executing second-level reviews on numerous loans submitted for denial, cancellation, second signature, and counteroffers.
- Led sophisticated reviews and analyses while performing appropriate high-cost, APR, amount financed, and state predatory test, adhering to a stringent compliance review system.
- Maintained a dynamic dialogue with senior management and an active role in evaluating and structuring transactions, utilizing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lender guidelines with signing authority up to $1.5M, averaging 8 to 12 files per day.
- Won Customer Service Award in July and August of 2010 for outstanding performance building and managing customer relationships, and effectively managing time and client commitments.
- Achieved outstanding underwriting results and won recognition as Top Producer in June 2010.
Mortgage Data Management Corporation (MDMC)/ Stonehill Group, Atlanta, GA 2005–2009
Researched, developed and wrote detailed synopsis that identified all loan attributes, as well as loan deficiencies. Utilized strong written and oral skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers. Mentored and trained new-hire employees and junior auditors.
- Acknowledged as a valued contributor, based on outstanding leadership and professional business acumen, paving the way to achieve corporate awards for exceptional quarterly and annual production.
- Consistently met or surpassed all established quotas throughout tenure by leveraging impeccable organizational skills to effectively manage more than 15 files daily.
- Evaluated and conducted comprehensive audits of financial records, operating procedures, and internal controls related to accounting for mortgage securities, loans, commitments, amortization debt, derivatives, and liquid investment portfolios.
Integrus Mortgage, Atlanta, GA 2004–2005
LOSS MITIGATION SPECIALIST
Handled repossessions through all phases, including assignment, repossession, redemption, liquidation and the deficiency process. Facilitated remedies for properties in foreclosure. Maintained up-to-date knowledge of required laws and regulatory requirements relative to collections and the recovery process.
- Analyzed loans to determine best course of action to protect company's interest and resolve delinquency issues.
- Achieved monthly collection goals established for the repossession process.
- Partnered with Risk Management to analyze credit information and restructure complex, problem loans.
Homeowner Loan Corporation, Atlanta, GA 1999–2004
Acted as liaison between loan officers, underwriters, and customers, ensuring adequate pricing of individual risks through proper classification, accuracy of information and adherence to company underwriting standards and philosophy. Directed, coached, mentored, and trained a team of 12 knowledgeable loan officers. Created, implemented, and drove strategic plans to maximize loan officer performance and sales. Reported directly to the Assistant Vice President.
- Promoted from Senior Loan Officer to Team Manager after one year of service, based on demonstrated leadership, and optimized financial and operational performance. Effectively managed challenging situations and challenging clients.
- Achieved Top 10 company-wide ranking for high producers, outperforming competition through use of excellent communication, organization, negotiation, and follow-up skills.
- Built and led a talented, action-oriented team that ranked #1 in company sales for two consistent years. Independently devised and implemented the company's first-ever training purchase program, enhancing employees' knowledge and helping them to close sales faster.
Bachelor of Science, Technical Management, 2010
DEVRY UNIVERSITY, Decatur, GA
Credit Counselor Certification; Financial Health Certification and Debt Settlement Specialist Certification (currently enrolled), National Association of Certified Credit Counselors
HIGHLIGHTS OF CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
Underwriting Fraud Training, Wells Fargo, 2009 & 2010
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) Training, Mann Bracken Law Firm, 2009
Leadership Development Training; Sales and Marketing Training; Life and Health Insurance License (inactive)
Motivational Training, 2001, Homeowner Loan Corporation ; FNMA 1084 Training; Risk Management Training
Database Applications: Calyx Points: Conduit-Clas Auditing System, Loan Prospect, DOS, LIS Desktop Underwriter (DU); Automated Underwriting (AU); Encompase System; Fraud Guard; LexisNexis; BPO/AVMs
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP and Vista