Shoe salesmen are the reason I stopped buying shoes at shoe stores. I just wanted to leisurely look for shoes without this money hungry creep following me around. Now it's online, Walmart, or any store without a creeper lurking, and staring like a deranged fiend.

July 23 2015 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

a near by boot store charges a $50 dollar fitting fee on the high end shoes that they are having trouble with customers using them as a fitting tool (up front) no refunds if the customer decides to take that shoe it will be deducted from the sale. The other way any shoe store can reduced being walked on put a sign that says we match online price from any authorized retailer.not ebay or craigslist etc.

March 09 2013 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

That would be okay if sizes were standardized. However, every time I shop for shoes I have to try several pairs to find one that fits.

January 23 2013 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I still prefer to buy shoes in a store, but not Macys, too expensive.

January 23 2013 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

We are so smart that soon you can buy everything you want on the net. And soon you won't have a job. Like some of us because of the net. Then who will have money to buy things off the net? America is its own worst enemy. Glad I have very few years left on this planet its sad to see how things have become. I feel sorry for guys like the one in this story. Hope you all get ripped off from the net as well.

January 23 2013 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I order lots of things online, shoes is not one of them. You would have yo be insane to order shoes online. I have problems when I try on shoes in the store. I do see the decline of retail sales people. Shopping from your computer is great.

January 23 2013 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole Ann

Shoe store for me. While I have ordered sandals online, it's only because I already have that sandal in a different color, so I know the ordered one will fit. I like trying on different shoes at a store, especially a shoe store, not the mall.

January 23 2013 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I could never buy shoes online. I'm an 11 1/2. But shoe styles vary so much that sometimes I buy an 11 or a 12, all depends on how it fits.

January 23 2013 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The only way you could order shoes, and clothing online is to try it on in store first as no sizing is exactly the same across different styles , fashions etc. Like he says, people come in, try it on , then go and order it online. Let's go one step further. This then shuts this part of the supply chain down. What do we do now? Guess, order and pay to returen. Oops, there went the savings which are probably gone anyway since we no longer have a comparison to standard retail where we can try on, return/exchange. As long as retail offers some kind of extenison of benefits/services then hopefully there will always be a place for retail.

January 23 2013 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply