Good for Walmart

January 19 2013 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

it just seems to me that they are playing robin hood. taking from the poor and giving to the rich. I have worked for walmart for 7 years and now they have started cuting hours saying they dont have the hours to give us. I went from between 25 and 28 hrs a week {parttime} to 8 to 16 hours a week. The morale in our store is so bad and the store itself is looking so bad because nobody cares. This walmart is one of the dirtest walmarts ever. the bathrooms are even worse. and it does no good to say anything. And now they want to but 100,000 new hires in??? WHERE??? THEY WANT MY 8 HRS NOW?

January 17 2013 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug Thompson

Why don't you just say the heck with you veterans that were discharged before 1/15/13. You should just say you do not appreciate their service to this great country, because you are only accomodating the post 1/15/13 vets. I think it's great effort on your part, but recognize the vets prior to 1/15/13.

January 17 2013 at 1:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Minimum wage? Benefits? Full time work? The only people I know who can afford to work for Walmart are retirees looking for extra income.

January 16 2013 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

People with college degrees, stay home, or that it what is reads like, glad I spent $20K for nothing!

January 16 2013 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Most Vets can't afford to work part-time, and that's almost exclusively what Walmart offers!

January 16 2013 at 8:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

BRAVO ! The best news for our veterans. We applause this announcement and effort to encourage and perhaps create a great career for them. THANKS, Wal-Mart! We'll shop there even more now and spread this good word!

January 16 2013 at 7:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pharryj's comment

Yeah, .....YEA.....part time hours, minimum wage, no benefits. What more could a vet want? {Q_Q}

January 16 2013 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This is all political and they will be part time jobs to replace the aging elderly part timers Wal mart now employs. Also from secret meeting Obama had with Wal mart execs llast week, word is, Wal mart stores in Northern areas right now will be introducing union memberships too...

January 16 2013 at 7:54 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kathy's Gal

Although this appears quite honorable, I can't help but be suspicious. My Mom worked for Walmart some time ago. Being that my Mom is/was disabled, Walmart received a financial "perk" for hiring her. After they received that perk, they "let her go" giving her some trumped up reason. Walmart used her for their own financial gain, so I'm just not sold on their motives.........especially to those who have given so much!

January 16 2013 at 6:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kathy's Gal's comment

Yes and people NEED to be suspicious more than ever today. Same scenario wiht these Vets too. NO different than Lowes last year announcing "hiring over 2000 new workers", but those were part time workers only, and right now with Lowes, if you are still full timer and leave or get fired or demoted or go on maternity leave, if you are brought back, your previous "full time" job role will basically "disappear" and you will be given another job but only as a part time basis, never 40 hours/week again.

January 16 2013 at 7:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to investrman's comment

I don't think I would want to go from war to making $9 an hour, which is worse? Being sarcastic but these jobs are not careers.

January 16 2013 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down

I just wanna ask about honorably discharged vets who were discharged years ago? They are still vets too and deserve the same respect and benefits as other do. I think this is a good start but if you want to hire vets, you need to hire all vets. Anyone that served this country deserves are utmost respect and deserves benefits like this...good start Wal-Mart but your not quite there yet.

January 16 2013 at 6:29 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply