FCI Fincl Serv

I had a boss like that my first job after college! My supervisor was getting into my personal life, who my girlfriends were,etc. I finally quit that slave shop! Most people didn't last one year! The turnover rate was over 70%!

January 17 2013 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

If I were the boss, I would'nt have been too worried about that scenario.

January 15 2013 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I hope she wins a fortune. I'd love to see that company taken apart and put out of business.

January 15 2013 at 2:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Velocity105's comment

Why should she get a fortune? She should get three years salary tops.

January 16 2013 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

And people wonder why we need unions.

January 14 2013 at 11:29 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ransomwright's comment

No, we need to have a backbone, stand up for ourselves and find another job!!!

January 15 2013 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I can relate. When I interviewed for a job, after hired, I was told "Dont' get pregnant!.

January 14 2013 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. She didn't have to go back
to the office. dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What ever was going on, you must have enjoyed it.

January 14 2013 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Why did she work there so long/ if she started in 2004, and was 'competent' by her words, she might have looked for a new job in say...2008? This wasn't new behavior on their part, she said it was ongoing. Find a new job.

January 14 2013 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian Workman

"NUTZ!" "BS!".

January 11 2013 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

To address the article, bullying will eventually occur in your life or in the lives of those you love. You can accept the treatment or you can try to confront it. What matters, is that you are true to yourself. If you will not stand up for the right thing, you will be miserable. Yes, I am currently unemployed due to my trying to fix a bad situation but I can live with myself and the other 19 people still call me friend. I can live with that.

January 11 2013 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The bully in the healthcare facility I worked at was a sheer genius. Overweight and gay, he would overstep his abilities at the bottom of the professional heap and then blame his failures on his coworkers- all 20 of us individually. Because he was a member of protected groups in the workplace and we were longtime employees, it was obvious to management, that HE was the victim and we were the bullies. Nobody could imagine that one person could bully 20 people-guess they never heard of Adolf Hitler. Despite trying to correct his behavior by being forthright with him and telling him how much I disliked his abusive treatment of our co-workers, he reacted by going to the manager and writing up my adult discussion with him as a threatening gesture. Each of us kept our own account of how he treated us or sabotaged the equipment or the product, but when presented with his account versus any of ours, HIS was believed. Anyone who had the courage to face him down was accused of lying and eventually all who stood up against his verbally and physically abusive behavior either left willingly or was fired. In this case, management was complicit in allowing his behavior to continue. When we took it to the next level, Human Resources, WE were read the riot act for deviating from the chain of command. Eventually, after standing up to these actions, they fired me on a trumped up charge of insubordination. I very much miss my coworkers of 20 plus years but I do NOT miss the stress of dealing with the lies, the verbal abuse, the denigration of my abilities, and the ever present smirk on his face when he WON another point. All I wanted to do was to take care of my patients, do the best job possible, and get the job done with the sense of joy and satisfaction that I used to derive from working at the hospital.

January 11 2013 at 3:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sue's comment

Did you file a case with EEOC? Their is such thing as retaliation and wrongful termination. If your co worker were willing to back you with their written complaints you mighthave a chance to get your day in court. I think they give a person 188 days to file against the company. Especially if he was harrassing you and you could prove it. NEVER go to Human Resources their job is protect the company, and get all the information out of you. Then they use the information in their favor, against you and to cover themselves. I woul;d file against them if it isn't to late.

Companies have a responsibility written in their policies to protect their emoployees. IF YOU FILE against them they WILL FIRE HIM. It becomes a permanant NEGATIVE mark against the facility. Also, he becomes a liabilty to them. If you win and it cost them money and they will to be banned from ALL government funding and programs. I seen tthis many times. Get your friends to write you letter and take them when you file your report. Take a copy of your written HR complaint and company policies the EEOC. They will have to explain to EEOC what they did or didn't do when you and the others complained. FILE HERE

January 15 2013 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply