By Susan Ricker
If the Mayan calendar predictions are wrong and the world continues into 2013, those with bachelor's degrees will have an extra reason to celebrate the New Year. CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists have released the best bachelor's degree jobs for 2013 based on occupations with the most added jobs since 2010, and the list covers a wide variety of industries.
"Where the U.S. will produce the most jobs in 2013 is likely to follow growth patterns of the last few years," says Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder. "It's no surprise that technology and engineering occupations comprise six of the top 10 positions on our list, but workers should also see more opportunities in production-related fields, marketing, health care and financial services. The competition for educated, specialized labor has intensified as market demands increase in both the manufacturing and services sectors."
Check out the top 18 jobs for 2013 that require, on average, a bachelor's degree, along with the number of jobs added and percent growth since 2010.
- Software developer (applications and systems software): 70,872 jobs added, 7 percent growth
- Accountant and auditor: 37,123 jobs added, 3 percent growth
- Market research analyst and marketing specialist: 31,335 jobs added, 10 percent growth
- Computer systems analyst: 26,937 jobs added, 5 percent growth
- Human resources, training and labor relations specialist: 22,773 jobs added, 5 percent growth
- Network and computer systems administrator: 18,626 jobs added, 5 percent growth
- Sales representative (wholesale and manufacturing, technical and scientific): 17,405 jobs added, 4 percent growth
- Information security analyst, Web developer and computer network architect: 15,715 jobs added, 5 percent growth
- Mechanical engineer: 13,847 jobs added, 6 percent growth
- Industrial engineer: 12,269 jobs added, 6 percent growth
- Computer programmer: 11,540 jobs added, 3 percent growth
- Financial analyst: 10,016 jobs added, 4 percent growth
- Public relations specialist: 8,541 jobs added, 4 percent growth
- Logistician: 8,522 jobs added, 8 percent growth
- Database administrator: 7,468 jobs added, 7 percent growth
- Meeting, convention and event planner: 7,072 jobs added, 10 percent growth
- Cost estimator: 6,781 jobs added, 3 percent growth
- Personal financial adviser: 5,212 jobs added, 3 percent growth
Click here for additional information on each occupation.
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
More From AOL Jobs
Looking for a job? Click here to get started.