Raylene Sage

If you are looking for an employment opportunity: are willing to train hard: be professional: please come to a Market America meeting at 344 University Blvd, Silver Spring, Maryland next Tuesday 7pm for English class/Wed 7pm for Spanish class. Fee is $5.
Please look for Raylene. If you aren't able to meet this schedule: you can email me: and I can let you know the future scheduled meetings. This is an opportunity for you to own your own business: whether part time or full time. Come and see if it is for you.

January 11 2013 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

How can an ex-con get a CDL?

November 11 2012 at 8:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ectullis's comment

You can just go and get one. I have my CDL and have a felony. I was able to get work with a moving company in Manhattan. I don't know where you live and if the laws are different but in ny it's cool. What you can't get until atleast 7 years post coviction is a HAZMAT endorsment.

November 20 2012 at 8:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Did you read that Jesse Jr. You might want to keep that company address handy.

November 11 2012 at 7:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

somewhat by accident I ran into a man at home depot who heard me whining about problems that were overwhelming me in trying to take care of my home after my husband died. He offered to come out and look at some trees that needed to be taken down, he was working as a tree surgeon. He came out, did the work very well, worked hard arrived on time etc. and I was very pleased. a friend of mine without my knowledge did somewhat of a background check on this man and found he had a past conviction record. I kept this info to myself and decided to give this man a chance. that was several years ago and he consistenly helps me and I pay him a fair amount and it has worked out well. he is a great worker skilled in many types of tasks like plumbing, tree work, pretty much a super handy person. recently he felt comfortable enough to tell me about his past, I didn't let him know that I had some knowledge of his troubled youth. he continues to help me out each week and this allows me to stay in my home. I feel badly that he can not find steady good paying work with health and pension benefits and that because of mistakes he made when he was young and immature really cost him so much because he really is an outstanding hard worker and very smart. he cobbles together a living, saved and bought a home and struggles through this recession to keep it. he does more work in an hour than three men.

November 11 2012 at 7:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

praise God! this what should be done confics are people too

November 11 2012 at 7:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

i think this is great...God bless her

November 11 2012 at 7:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg Brooks ME

Just want to point out. Austrilia was built by Britians Ex-Cons.

November 11 2012 at 7:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

As for helping people who are just out of jail or felons get jobs....there are no programs to help people with misdemeanors get jobs. Or, what if you have an arrest record, but the case was dismissed or dropped. It still shows up on a background check.

November 11 2012 at 6:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pulse1928's comment

A back round check for employment consist of convictions, they can not ask or hold arrest against you. Remember you are innocent until proven guilty, so anybody can be arrested but if you were not convicted it means you did nothing wrong " meaning on paper" that's what matters. This is for most jobs. If you are going into government jobs or things like that they may do further investigation into you. Also misdemeanors are rarely a problem, if asked at all.

November 20 2012 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am a 40 year old with two advanced degrees. I worked hard to go to college for 8 years and I am cannot find a job due to the following...bad credit, and some shoplifting charges. To top it off, I am Diabetic and a cancer survivor. Too risky for health insurance. I finally realized I had to do my own thing to make a living so I am making money doing stand up and writing. I got lucky. I think our society has made it too easy NOT to hire people with the ease of learning everything about people with social media and google. I made a mistake and if not for my own creative abilities, I would be homeless. This is sad.

November 11 2012 at 5:59 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Well done Jakacki! Everyone deserves a second chance"

November 11 2012 at 4:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply