30 Jobs That Pay $30 An Hour
By Alina Dizik
A well-paying job can be easier to find than you think. In fact, people such as medical technologists, social workers and store managers all earn about $30 per hour. A full-time job that pays around $30 per hour can equal roughly $62,400 per year, which means a comfortable living, and above the national average. Are you eager to earn an above-average wage?
Consider these 30 jobs that pay around $30 per hour and see how your own job stacks up:
- Hourly wage: $30.81.
- What it's like: Anthropologists never stop learning about the natural history of the world. The job is challenging yet fun.
2. School psychologist
- Hourly wage: $33.71.
- What it's like: Helping children resolve conflicts can be a rewarding career, especially if you're interested in human behavior.
3. Medical technologist
- Hourly wage: $29.87.
- What it's like: Working with different disease states, most medical technologists work in hospital laboratories.
4. Financial services representative
- Hourly wage: $32.35.
- What it's like: Financial services reps sell various bank services.
5. Technical writer
- Hourly wage: $33.80.
- What it's like: Writing anything from dense technical manuals to textbooks calls for a deep expertise in the specific subject matter.
6. Executive assistant
- Hourly wage: $31.85.
- What it's like: Providing administrative services to corporate executives can be a high-pressure job.
7. Registered nurse
- Hourly wage: $34.47.
- What it's like: Working directly with patients can make nursing a rewarding career path.
8. Branch store manager
- Hourly wage: $33.14.
- What it's like: Managing retail stores and working with executives at corporate headquarters can help open other doors in the retail industry.
9. Budget analyst
- Hourly wage: $34.16.
- What it's like: Helping departments adhere to their budgets is a perfect role for the math whiz.
10. Account sales representative
- Hourly wage: $32.17.
- What it's like: Working to sell products or services, account reps must have stellar people skills.
11. School social worker
- Hourly wage: $30.89.
- What it's like: Working with children to iron out behavioral or emotional problems is a key role within a school system.
- Hourly wage: $35.28.
- What it's like: With plenty of number crunching, statisticians help companies make sense of their data.
13. Communications analyst
- Hourly wage: $34.64.
- What it's like: Analysts work to communicate the company's corporate image through all types of media.
14. Electrical research engineer
- Hourly wage: $33.32.
- What it's like: Working to improve electrical systems, engineers must possess superior technical skills.
15. Network security officer
- Hourly wage: $30.87.
- What it's like: People who deal with computer networks to prevent security breaches are frequently in demand.
16. Police detective
- Hourly wage: $33.30.
- What it's like: Protecting people and property, police detectives help to solve crimes in cities and towns.
17. Certified public accountant
- Hourly wage: $34.40.
- What it's like: People who look at financial data to ensure fair and consistent tax practices are always in demand.
18. Emergency room nurse
- Hourly wage: $35.02.
- What it's like: A high-pressure job in the medical profession, working in the ER also has great rewards.
19. Sales supervisor
- Hourly wage: $33.42.
- What it's like: Working on the sales floor to help maintain consistency can make for a fun retail career.
- Hourly wage: $30.33.
- What it's like: Mechanics work on airplanes to ensure that each one meets safe flying standards and to repair anything in nonworking condition.
21. Quality assurance engineer
- Hourly wage: $33.51.
- What it's like: Testing new products and processes to maintain the needed level of quality.
22. Micro computer programmer
- Hourly wage: $29.76.
- What it's like: Working to develop software, programmers have the flexibility to work on a project basis.
23. Tax agent
- Hourly wage: $32.97.
- What it's like: Working with businesses and individuals to collect taxes.
24. Political adviser
- Hourly wage: $32.86.
- What it's like: Understanding how world events affect a company or industry is a job for politics buffs.
25. Animal scientist
- Hourly wage: $30.66.
- What it's like: Using biology know-how to study animals can be a dream job.
26. Human resources analyst
- Hourly wage: $30.37.
- What it's like: Most analysts are generalists who work in an HR department and search for many different types of positions.
Industrial production manager
- Hourly wage: $31.17.
- What it's like: Perfecting the production process, industrial production managers possess plenty of technical skills.
28. Grant writer
- Hourly wage: $30.72.
- What it's like: Working with nonprofits to raise money by submitting grant proposals.
29. Landscape architect
- Hourly wage: $34.81.
- What it's like: Landscape architects help design green outdoor spaces.
30. Fashion designer
- Hourly wage: $31.78.
- What it's like: Most use their creative spark to design clothes and accessories for men and women.
Alina Dizik researches and writes about job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues for CareerBuilder. Follow @CareerBuilder on Twitter.
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
More From AOL Jobs
Looking for a job? Click here to get started.
CareerBuilder’s team of career advisers, editors and writers are experts in job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues. Get daily job advice on www.TheWorkBuzz.com, follow CareerBuilder on Twitter at twitter.com/Careerbuilder and become a fan of CareerBuilder on FaceBook.more...