Top Employers Near Military Bases
By Bridget Quigg, PayScale
When a military member gets a new post at a new base, so does their whole family. But, family members don't arrive with a job ready to go. They may need to look beyond the base to find help paying the bills. Who are the top employers near the nation's biggest military bases? Online salary database and career website PayScale.com has gathered a list of major employers near military bases to help those in transition get back to work more quickly. PayScale picked from a list of major military bases produced by the U.S. Department of Defense and matched a handful of those locations to employers, common jobs, and median pay ranges for those jobs.
1. New York National Guard
Metro Area: New York-Wayne-White Plains, N.Y.-N.J.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMCC)
- Personal Banker, $30,400-$50,900
- Bank Teller, $18,800-$28,700
- Assistant Branch Manager, $33,300-$53,900
International Business Machines (IBM) Corp.
- Administrative Assistant, $29,300-$66,600
- Network Engineer, $36,400-$91,200
- Customer Service Representative, $27,000-$62,200
American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
- Associate Accountant, $37,200-$65,400
- Marketing Coordinator, $38,000-$70,400
- Insurance Claims Assistant, $24,300-$32,700
Other major employers: Citigroup, Inc. and Ernst and Young
2. Los Angeles Air Force Base
Metro Area: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, Calif.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT), $27,700-$55,800
- Clinical Psychologist, $51,100-$121,900
- Front Desk Receptionist (Medical Office), $29,300-$51,900
Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Electrician, $31,900-$92,300
- IT Program Manager, $78,000-$167,000
- Mechanical Engineer, $59,200-$118,200
University of Southern California (USC)
- Registered Nurse (RN), $56,500-$123,400
- Clinical Social Worker, $38,100-$66,500
- Administrative Assistant, $24,100-$50,200
Other major employers: The Boeing Company and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
3. Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
Metro Area: Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, District of Columbia, Va.-Md.-W.V.
Booz, Allen, and Hamilton
- Business Consultant, $42,200-$132,300
- Technical Writer, $38,800-$101,700
- Facility Security Office, (FSO) $25,700-$91,100
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- Pricing Analyst, $50,500-$73,400
- Executive Assistant, $39,400-$83,800
- Instructional Designer (Training and Development), $44,700-$99,100
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- Help Desk Technician, $39,300-$44,000
- Project Coordinator (Information Technology), $37,300-$51,600
- Staff Accountant, $35,300-$46,900
Other major employers: Lockheed Martin Corporation and BAE Systems Inc.
4. Marine Corps Camp Pendleton
Metro Area: San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif.
- Electrical Engineer, $61,700-$127,500
- Senior Systems Engineer, $96,400-$126,900
- Software Engineer, $71,100-$108,300
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- Medical Assistant, $17,800-$32,700
- Administrative Assistant, $24,300-$47,500
- Programmer Analyst, $38,600-$87,000
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
- Help Desk Technician, $30,000-$51,000
- Technical Writer, $35,700-$96,700
- Operations Manager, $69,800-$225,700
Other major employers: Sharp Healthcare and Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
5. McGuire Air Force Base
Metro Area: Newark-Union, N.J.-Penn.
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP)
- Territory Sales Representative, $33,900-$74,700
- Payroll Specialist, $27,700-$50,300
- Client Support, Specialist $25,700-$55,400
Merck and Co.
- Research Fellow, $61,200-$192,300
- Staff Scientist, $45,200-$127,700
- Biologist, $47,100-$112,000
Prudential Financial Inc.
- Real Estate Analyst, $36,400-$78,800
- Corporate Paralegal, $43,500-$99,100
- Accounting Associate, $30,200-$58,800
Other major employers: Novartis and Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Source: All salary data is provided by PayScale.com. Salaries ranges listed are annual salaries for full-time employees with any level of experience and include any bonuses, commissions or profit-sharing.
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
More From AOL Jobs
- How Social Media Can Kill Your Chances Of Finding That Job [Infographic]
- 4 Skills That Every Job Hunter Needs, Especially Now
- How To Get The Most Out Of References In A Social Media World
Looking for a job? Click here to get started.