I feel no sympathy for her - places like Tilted Kilt and Hooters make it very obvious the type of serve they're looking for. She knew she wasn't it, and could've applied anywhere but chose the restaurant filled with half naked servers. It's a gimmick people, and it works for those restaurants. You can't get a stick up your ass about it when you have to realize that you are not in shape. Everyone wants to coddle overweight people and say "beauty comes in all sizes" and that's fine, but not everyone thinks that having fat rolls or muffin tops over a short skirt with your butt cheeks sticking out is sexy. Everyone wants to shoot down places like this because of the sexy uniforms - nobody forces these girls to apply here. Nobody is forcing the uniform on them. Jobs with sexy uniforms are everywhere just like jobs with normal uniforms are, and you know EXACTLY which one you're getting when you submit that application.

May 01 2014 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

She is to heavy for that type of job just by looking at her arms and face. When I was "young and skinny" I used to be a Jagermeister Girl .. you know what other girls look like and you know you have to look a certain way. That is just the way it is. Now at 42 and 40lbs later I would assume I was no longer quailifed for the job .. DUGH. We were told to lose weight all the time and I was 125lbs and 5' 7" .. you didn't get offended .. you lost the weight .. that was part of what you signed up for. If I was offended I would have applied to Mc Donalds where I knew no one would care.

October 18 2012 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I wanted to be a stripper but they wouldn't hire me because I'm 40ish male, 5'10' , 214lbs. I needs some government intervention! Next I applied fir a runningback position with the Dallas Cowboys and they rejected me too! Why does a running back need to be strong and fast and tough? It isn't fair!!!!!!!!!

October 16 2012 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

In addition, what if I wanted to model for Victoria's Secret and didn't get the job because I wasn't tall enough. Is that discrimination too? C'mon people we are hired because of unique traits and talents. This is not discrimination.

October 13 2012 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm sorry but as a Kilt Girl you are hired to "WOW" guests. When you are hired, you must sign a modeling contract stating that you will remain "as is" during your duration of employment. Just like Hooters girls and the ladies at Twin Peaks, we are hired to entertain guest by being witty, confident, fun, and cute. Tilted Kilt PUB & Eatery is a restaurant that prides itself in being the top place for sports, food, beer, and good looking women. It is marketed the way it is because those are the things men enjoy most. However, this is not to say that the goal of TK is simply to attract men. We love and encourage families to come in because that's what the crew of TK is: a family. As a TOST trainer, server, hostess, and promotional girl, I have learned the many aspects of Tilted Kilt. It's not discrimination. Like most jobs there are requirements, this woman simply did not fit the requirements to the job.

October 13 2012 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

As you can see below, weight is the one thing that it's still PC to discriminate and to be rude about. It's PC to torture people about weight, especially women. Even overweight men are rude about overweight women. Try that for being hypocritical. Fat, bald men are all over the entertainment industry, supposedly attractive. Not so with overweight woman. If an overweight woman does manage to be successful in the entertainment industry, she is made the butt of jokes by every talk show host around.

October 13 2012 at 8:59 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to nightbird2's comment

When fat unattractive men become regular underwear models, then I will care.

June 18 2013 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

She knew what the outfit was when she applied for the job,,,,,,,and she knew she didn't have a body for it......No story here... The girl just needs to lose weight and not at the expense of the restaurant....How about a lawsuit against the girl for defaming the restaurant?

October 13 2012 at 8:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I don't want her ruining my dining experience. Good call.

October 13 2012 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

"actually hired as entertainers, not as servers" This is going to be their out and it's legal, and it shouldn't be.

October 13 2012 at 7:58 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

Just curious, did she try to apply at any other restaurants? Or just this place? Last time I checked, Applebees, Fridays, Chilis, don't have a uniform that must fit. Seems like she's trying to get a easy check out of a law suit.

October 13 2012 at 7:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply