Seasonal Jobs: Top Companies Hiring For The Holidays

seasonal jobs holiday hiring

For many weary out-of-work Americans, the upcoming holiday season brings the potential for much-needed seasonal jobs.

Employment-services firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas forecasts retail payrolls to increase by 700,000 during the final three months of 2012, up from the 660,200 seasonal jobs added during last year's fourth quarter. Retailers expect a modest increase in sales (and thus aren't on a massive hiring binge), Challenger CEO John Challenger says.

More recent data suggests, however, that Americans are becoming more optimistic, as home values and stock prices are growing. In fact, CBS News reported this week that consumer confidence is at its highest level in seven months, largely because more Americans expect the jobs picture to improve.

Large retailers have started announcing their hiring plans -- some of them quite ambitious. If you're in the market for a seasonal job, check out the gallery below to see who's hiring.

Looking for a job? Click here to get started.

More From AOL Jobs

ectullis

I HAD a decent part time job until July.

October 31 2012 at 6:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LL

"BO" and the entire Obamniation will continue to keep us in our "Seasonal Work" place as long as we don't toss this bum and his chronies out !!!

Let's give the next guy an opportunity to see what he can do - because at least he's "MOTIVATED" by the prospect of re-election, while "B.O." will stink the palce up even more;.... for what's his reason for busting his stinkin' butt for anything nor anyone but his "pet projects" and setting up his retirement ?

October 30 2012 at 2:52 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Engorgio Penissio

I have worked for Hickory Farms one season when I was in need of work due to a layoff. Being in a Mall gives you a great chance to meet many people, especially Managers and HR managers from other stores. That itself made for some great networking, plus Hickory was a fun little gig, and the manager was available after it ended and gave me a great reference.

October 01 2012 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jtor

Temporary jobs big friggin deal, is this just another sleeze plan by BO and his toilet paper cabinet, just to lower the jobless rate so he looks good to his worshipper's and possibly gets re elected. By Jan. 6th you'll be laid off while if (God Fobid) he stupidly gets re elected, see how much he'll worry about jobs then. He'll just continue to destroy Our Country as we know it!

September 30 2012 at 12:00 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to jtor's comment
jonjames_123

How can you be so thick? You really believe that the seasonal hiring that occurs EVERY year is a ploy by the Obama administration to just "pad the numbers"?

I pity you. Mostly your IQ.

October 02 2012 at 3:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jonjames_123

I pity you. Mostly your IQ.

October 02 2012 at 3:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jtor

September 29 2012 at 11:59 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
jtor

September 29 2012 at 11:59 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
pj512

I have basically given up trying to find a job, but I would like to find a part-time job. Unfortunately my credit is ruined since I lost my house and can't pay my credit card payments, so I would assume no retail store is going to hire me. Even though my credit problems are not my fault, it probably won't make any difference. When Lowe's called me about my past-due bill, I told them that if they would give me a job, I could pay my bill. Haven't heard from them yet.

September 29 2012 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
majbjb

Welcome to the Obamination, where seasonal hiring around the holidays and during school summer vacation are counted as "economic upturns" and touted as examples of how well Team Obama is doing.

September 29 2012 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robcabob1

SO IN NYC THEY ARE OPENING MORE HOMELESS SHELTERS INSTEAD OF CREATING PLACES TO WORK...... HOW DO YOU THINK THAT WILL HELP?

September 29 2012 at 11:18 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
robcabob1

This is stupid, so what? we need a permanent solution, not this yearly crap when everyone gets laid off after and stuck in the same, if not worse situation! (worse being you took that job and stopped looking for a stable job)

September 29 2012 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to robcabob1's comment
Ken

It's called free enterprise...Of course it wasn't always this unstable when there more regular jobs. Now though you are on your own more....I guess any jobs and shelter is better than nothing? When George W. Bush was President, he said the churches and charity should help the poor and jobless...So where are they?

October 02 2012 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply