Jobs That Drink The Most Coffee In A Day

jobs drink most coffeeBy Vivian Giang

If you can't start your work day without a cup of joe, you're not alone.

Out of the 4,700 workers who were included in a survey conducted by CareerBuilder and Dunkin' Donuts, 60 percent of them said that they drink at least two cups of coffee daily and nearly half admitted that their productivity would be affected without their daily java. The results showed that scientists and lab technicians are the heaviest coffee drinkers, followed by marketing and public relations professionals, education administrators, editors and writers.

The survey also showed that workers in different industries prefer their coffee prepared differently. Those in law - judges and attorneys - like it black and bitter; those in hospitality like theirs with cream and sugar; editors and writers prefer a little flavor with their daily intake.

The survey also said that those in the Northeast needed more coffee than workers living in other areas.

Japanese coffee-lover and blogger Ryoko Iwata created the infographic below based on the survey's findings:

More From Business Insider

Looking for a job? Click here to get started.

tinker.b2258

Really, Really surprised that professional drivers weren't on that list . I think somebody dropped the ball.

August 29 2012 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to tinker.b2258's comment
Dans AOL

Where is there a spot to park 70 ft of truck at a Dunkin Dounuts

August 30 2012 at 5:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

My husband is a truck driver. He can't live without Starbucks!!!

December 18 2012 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
murphyunc

Healthcare workers drink tons of it. We just run it through IV tubing when we're busy

August 29 2012 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
psridgell

I'm 59, and have never tried it. I guess I don't need it....

August 29 2012 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoanneVLavender

black as the Devil, strong as Death, sweet as Love and hot as Hell.

Nawlins coffee...

August 29 2012 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claire

I live for the stuff.. I am in the medical end. work odd hours.. I grew up drinking it... like it hot strong with heavy on the cream and light on the sugar...

August 29 2012 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
icdedadams

I'm surprised cops weren't on the list. I come from a law enforcement family and they all lived on black coffee. I'm a funeral director and we all drink vats of coffee, diet coke too.

August 29 2012 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moormantransport

As usual, professional drivers are left out of the list. We not only like our coffee, but sometimes require it. If you don't believe me, stop at a truckstop or travel center that's out of coffee.

August 29 2012 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wil2660

I don't see truck drivers, I must have drank a gazillion galons over the years.

August 29 2012 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to wil2660's comment
Ruth Ann

Exactly what I was going to write. I know my husband who is a night driver has to drink a lot of coffee. I don't know any other profession where the employer can work you for 14 hours straight so coffee is imperative to function!

August 29 2012 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply