I wrote to The Humane Society of the Unites States about this and I received a response as stated:

Thank you for your email. The HSUS and HSI are aware of the conditions at
Marineland. I have been working to improve the situation there for 15 years, to
little avail, unfortunately. Hopefully this series of articles will move the
legislators in Ontario to finally give this deplorable situation the attention
it needs and deserves. Apparently the situation IS being investigated
officially, so hopefully some progress will finally be made.

August 20 2012 at 9:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

let,s keep talking about it intil justice is done , and i don,t care if it was in cannada or in the great USA
they animals of the free world and we are there voices so sad to see that

August 20 2012 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I just sent an email to the WPSA would said in one of their paragraph "we would recommend writing to the Canadian Association of Zoos and Aquariums (CAZA) to express your concerns for the animals at Marineland. CAZA is the self-regulatory body in Canada that issues licences for zoos and aquariums and according to the article in the Toronto Star, they had not received any complaints against Marineland to date"

Here is the information to contact CAZA:

Phone: 613-567-0099 or 1-888-822-2907
Fax: 613-233-5438
General inquiries:

August 17 2012 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kenzie Pochardt

it took him 10-12 years to leave the place??? I don't understand that....

August 17 2012 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

oh, and Niagra Falls police, I really would not have any intimidation concerns of please grow some testicular cells and do the correct thing by arresting John Holer on some charge......

August 17 2012 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Let's face it Canada doesn't have a great reputation for animal welfare n kindness, they still have seal hunts but I'd love to spend 15 mins alone with this holer, as an animal lover I can guarantee he won't walk out !

August 17 2012 at 8:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

PLEASE somebody go there and secretly film some of the stuff the trainers and employees are talking about - then publicize it. This is the first I've heard of this.

August 17 2012 at 5:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am so upset and furious that people like John Holer are allowed to continue their cruel and inhumane treatment of innocent animals all in the name of making a buck.Hey all you people up there in Niagra Falls DO SOMETHING!! Complain to your local wildlife organizations,Humane Societies,Ontario Society for the prevention of Cruelty to Animals. You need to make some noise. Call your Gov. Reps.(except the mayor Jim Diodati, because he sounds like an uncaring *******). Boycott this place! Follow John Holer around like a stalker and tell eveyone what kind of place he's running.

August 17 2012 at 5:22 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Aj Stock

POOR SEALS!!! ;____;

August 17 2012 at 5:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

To heck with fining the owner, he should be subjected to the same conditions he let these animals be. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel humans can be not only to other humans, but to animals that are kept in places where they have no control over what happens. I have 2 rescue cats, one is so afraid of people that most people that come to my house have never seen her. Even now as I am on my PC, they are both within a couple of feet from me. They are also close when I am sleeping. People need to be more aware of this problem.

August 17 2012 at 4:59 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply