I am from Massachusetts and I can only shake my head at this stupidity. Open comment to the Governor and the Department of Disability Services. Put a post her with your address and I will gladly send you a check for his entire salary for the remainder of the year. I will also be willing to write a check to cover his salary for the next five years if you like.

August 14 2012 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Go Mark

August 11 2012 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hey folks, I've started an Indiegogo campaign to give Mark a nice bonus! Please help! If you can't contribute, then please spread the word so we can make the goal to give Mark a nice reward for his hard work and dedication!

August 09 2012 at 12:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to jouster's comment
mrs vanvura

While I applaud your efforts, I ask that people do not donate. Chances are Mark Stanganelli receives an SSI check and he is only allowed so much money. If too much money is received, he could lose his SSI benefits permamently.

August 10 2012 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

You have a beautiful, caring ang giving soul. You do not even know this man, but YOU are going out of your way for a total stranger. The world NEEDS more people like you in it. Thank You for brightening my day!!

August 12 2012 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Butch Taylor

I bet not one of the big wigs would have taken 12 dollars out of their pockets to just pay him for his service..God forbid they should give someone some of their own personal funds or take a 12 dollar cut in their million dollar salaries.

August 09 2012 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick Campbell

What a crime to even think about taking this job away from this disabled young man. I am sure they waste a lot more money than they were paying this man. He probably worked harder polishing the silver than the maids do cleaning the rooms. For shame!

August 09 2012 at 11:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vanessa Hill

I am so glad there was a change of heart. I do not know this young man personally. but I prayed things would turn around for him and I thank God for the blessing ans answering my prayer.

August 09 2012 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

People have to realize that $12.00 a week is a good deal of money for someone with a disablilty who is working. They also get SSI. when you are a disabled person getting SSI you are still required to be in a work program until you no longer are able to work you are also only alowed to make so much money or your bennifets get cut or revoked. So yes $12.00 Doesn't seem like enough for the work he is doing but he is not working full time he is most likely working an hour or 2 a day this is the govenments way of giving people a reason to wake up something to look forward to insead of handing them a check while they sit infornt of a tv.

August 09 2012 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I will not stay at a Wyndham resort. Hotels are notorious for not paying a fair wage. They throw away more food that costs $600 a year. I would say let's vote the Governor out of office. Who will join me?

August 09 2012 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I bet if the Health and Human Services cut out a few conferences and banquet events they can afford this money. Also, if the Governor, stops flying the state Jet and shuts down the mansion parties a few times a year they can find the money.

August 09 2012 at 10:13 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Joe Carreiro Jr.

I am the advocate working with the family in this matter, and they have asked me to thank you all again for your support in this matter. Yesterday we begun a dialogue with the state officials to begin the process of finding a solution to this matter. Despite some reports a solution or settlement has not been reached yet, but we have begun genuine and sincere efforts to work in that regard. We will keep you informed, and once again thank you all for your support here

August 09 2012 at 9:59 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply