And the gun laws aren't the issue? ROFLMAO!!!! This story just proves that case and point just how wrong that is.

February 02 2013 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I wonder if a study has been done on the effects of micro-managing as it pertains to employee atitude and mental well being. Of course the managers would see no real need for this and dismiss it as poppycock!

August 04 2012 at 7:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

My problem is do they have a recording of him saying it, or did the "boss" get PO'ed when the worker told him off and is telling lies. His word against the boss.

August 03 2012 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm from Arkansas, maybe I wasn't paying attention, but this is the first I have heard about Steven Strange. He should have been given something for heroism and not suspended. Two days before the Pine Bluff shooting, one of my coworkers said there were some people she could kill. Her comment was in regard to her getting in trouble for violating policy. I was one of those people. Administration decided not to turn it over to the police, they just wrote her up. Really?

August 03 2012 at 8:09 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to chicorynme's comment

Am I the only one that finds it funny, that a story that talks about the "Batman Shooter" also has a story about a guy who stopped another shooter, named Steven Strange? The Sorcerer Supreme is real?... I am such a geek.

August 04 2012 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The solution is simple. Hire more people so the workers working overtime can get back to a regular 40-hour week and resume their sanity. Some of my friends were "lucky" to survive layoffs, only to find that their workload had been increased because there were fewer workers to do it. I can see why some workers would finally had enough and go on a violent rampage. At least you can't be homeless in prison.

August 03 2012 at 7:53 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ides315r's comment

I'm sure that works, unfortunately, people I know are happy to get overtime for the money part. But I can see your point about overwork and extended hours

September 26 2012 at 4:10 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

This character has more problems than what can be dealt with here in a comments section.

August 03 2012 at 6:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I was calmly sitting on the F train when the conductor started screaming "yeah, yeah, yeah yeah" as if he were watching some sort of sport and he then laughed maniacally fora few seconds.. Everyone in the train car stared at the little room at the front of the train quite puzzled. Thankfully the ride went as planned and no one got of the train - but it was still pretty ******* weird lol

August 03 2012 at 6:18 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

why is it so easy to get guns and ammunition?

August 03 2012 at 4:52 PM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dbrockskk1's comment

Because it's out right to own guns and ammunition.

August 03 2012 at 6:42 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to kemarie's comment

August 03 2012 at 6:42 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down

The definition in the Consitution was left extremely vague. It didn't give you the right to own a weapon of mass destruction such as an AK-47 because they didn't exist. Use your head and common sense. The clear lack of being to prove case and points on this matter is why it will fail and the automatics and high capacity magazines will not be successful to keep. COMMON SENSE USE THE NOGGIN!!!!!

February 02 2013 at 8:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down

It is good that action was taken on an implied threat. I am a NRA Life member and I have had to report some situations to police. The threats included using a baseball bat and such. Fortunately they all turned out to be individuals just venting some steam. (None involved gun threats and no one's house was searched). None the less, I got police involved in every situation. Once they did not take the threat seriously even when put in writing (It did not stipulate a specific action on a specific day in one written "threat." I was clear to me so I had my supervisor contact the individual - after I pointed out that I could and would defend myself with lethal force!).

The statement "It's important to keep in mind: Safety always trumps privacy" is inappropriate in this application. If there is a threat, there is no expectation of privacy.

While the statements "... his superiors made that very calculation. And the decision may have saved lives." may be true, it is also true that a handgun used by an employee (once again) "may have saved lives" as well. It is interesting that most of those "left of center" will continue to ignore the positive (and most critical "calculation") that guns save lives every day. If 80% of us are 'good,' then think of the impact if a gun was pulled by a 'bad' guy. He could got a response of 50 or 60 guns in his face. Go back to the math and revisit the "very calculated decision" many organizations make every day.

August 03 2012 at 4:51 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ps's comment

A handgun vs automatic wepaons and finding high cap magazines is a very big difference. In fact so much your statement and the story solidifies the need to ban automatic weapons and high capacity magazines. Hanguns no but that against weapons of mass destruction is like a sumo wrestler vs a 100 lb weakling. But once again were seeing in every single one of these situation a clear lack of gun laws , mental illness, and automatic weapons and high capacity mags are in fact the very root of theproblem. No one is saying take away guns., But we are all saying where mental illness is concerned a lot more stringent background checks is required in iight of this. In addition, it further supports the much needed ban on automatic weapons. Id be for this if background checks were instated and a person comes back with a clean slate on mental illness and has a hunting license in those cases some automatic hunting weapons should be allowed but not a weapon designed to take out classrooms. YOu helped make my case and point also.

February 02 2013 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Perhaps this is the reason that this man was fired over the phone? Can you imagine what he would have done had he been fired sitting in front of his boss? OMG, that T shirt he was wearing at home when the police picked him up. I hope that he gets the help he needs??

August 03 2012 at 4:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply