Hi All. YES! There are legitimate, online, work from home, telecommuting jobs out there. I have been working from home for the past 12 years and love it. I'm talking real work for real companies not MLM schemes and "Business Opportunities".

he key is knowing where to find the legit work from home jobs and then following two important rules.

First, never pay for a job, they should pay you plain and simple. Second, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Now, where do you find the jobs? There is a wonderful no scam, no fee online job database called the "Legitimate Online JobDirectory" at I do freelance work for many of the companies listed there such as Key for Cash, MicroWorkers, and TextBrokers.

Another place to find good work from home jobs is as mentioned above. You can also search the major job sites like Careerbuilder, Simply Hired and Indeed. Just be sure to follow the rules above.

I hope this helps!

August 21 2012 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Well is there any such thing as LEGIT work from home jobs? I doubt it

July 31 2012 at 8:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

People, before answering any job ad check with the BBB, Consumer Affairs, Ripoff Report and do your own search. Stay away from job postings on Craigslist and Snag-a-Job which links to a facebook page, especially under 'security jobs.' These are fraudulent since the supposed security company must be listed with the Dept. of Criminal Justice including their Division of Licensing Service. The DOCJ also has a running and up-to-date list of security companies who have fallen out of favor with them due to fraud and/or lack of licensing.

July 31 2012 at 6:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Then there is the shipping company that uses you to steal from others. Usually they have a legit name that they steal from a legit company. They use a stolen credit card number to purchase products. The retailer automatically ships the merchandise to the card holders address. The theives intercept and redirect the shipment to your front door. All you have to do is apply a new shipping label to the package (usually out of country) and send it on its way. Once they have used you a few times, the company just vanishes (without paying you) and you are left holding the bag when the person who had the credit card number stolen turns it in to authorities.

July 31 2012 at 6:33 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Laura Long Woerner

I was caught up in one of these a job ad was sent to my student email account and I assumed it was legit, since it was sent to my college account and I had not given my email out to anyone. Supposedly I was suppose to order things for a company. They would send me a check and I was suppose to cash it and then order the things they needed and keep the change as my pay. I assumed it was a scam as soon as I saw how much the check was, so I went to US bank and had the check looked at and of course the account had been frozen due to fraud. I am glad I was smart enough to check it out first.

July 31 2012 at 6:27 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

July 30 2012 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I know one person who got hit with one of these. She had to buy special software, a specific hub, headset and some other stuff from the company so she could work from home. I think she spent around $600 or so...never got a dime. Plus they wanted her bank account info so they could direct deposit her check. No bank account (very destitute at the time). Spent pretty much the last of her cash buying all the hardware. Rotten people in the world.

July 30 2012 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This demonstrates the old Barnum line "There's a sucker born every minute". Yes, I have a little sympathy for the victims, but they are their own problem. We have a subculture of people who fall for the scams - and we can't fix stupid. The same people respond to (1) work at home schemes (2) pay day loans (3) winning foreign lotteries they never entered (4) the list goes on and on - - -

July 30 2012 at 7:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to storytellerjmc's comment

What's it like to be perfect? How far away can people still see your halo?

July 31 2012 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

why would ANYONE give out their bank account information to begin with?????? That's as stupid as sending money to claim a prize---

July 30 2012 at 2:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

How can people be so stupid??? Anyway, there will no doubt be "scams" listed in the comment section of this very article yet NO ONE does anything about it!!! I'M so sick of my email box getting blasted with "SCAM" emails from someone saying that I won the African lottery or some rich guy died in England and they need my bank account info to deposit millions for me lol I forward all scam emails to the federal government yet I NEVER hear anything back. Most of these scams originate in Nigeria, Africa so I have sent some colorful replies to those guys if ya know what i mean lol

July 30 2012 at 2:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply