some guy

don't work with this company. they will lie to you, discriminate you, not give you raises because someone made something up about you not doing a good job. apparently they will say that they looked at you with the cameras but they won't show it to you, that way management can always be right. there is no common sense but "policies" in this place. there is no investigating the problem but "direct criticisms". there is no communication, no respect, no help, no clear directions, is all about "figure it our yourself". the phrase "do it yourself" also applies to the workers in this company because they don't want to spend money on you. hidden policies are my favorite. A hidden policy is the definition of getting written up by locking any contradiction towards management, and corporation really knows how to handle it. hire, fire, hire, fire. no one wants to work there and i am 100% that if you look up your home depot local store, they will be hiring... well do you wonder why they are always hiring? i bet you do now. oh by the way, some comments are fake from employees that works for the home depot, they are at least management level or above, dont trust them because they just want to protect the ugly truth about this company. discussing

August 21 2015 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mournful Misanthrope

Home cheapo is one of the worst jobs to work for.. Crap pay and lack of hours.. What a joke.

July 15 2015 at 2:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blaise joseph

Home depot its great organization good people treat every on with respect

November 23 2014 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steven L Elliott

I started with Hell depot in dec 2103 and currently still there . I needed a partime for a yr while im going to school . All I can say is the lace is a joke fromtop to bottom !!!!!!

March 28 2014 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Zuren is right on......with Obamacare (the UNaffordable Care Act)........almost no one but the management is full time. It really sucks now.

March 26 2014 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Home Depot is a great place to work, but it should be noted that since the passing of the Affordable Care Act, getting full-time there is tricky. Less than a third of our associates are full-time at my store, most of those people are supervisory or management staff.

February 28 2014 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This is ridiculous, I submitted two applications for the Home Depot about two week ago. Today I received a call and email stating that I should call the Home Depot staffing center for a brief phone interview. After calling the number provided about 20 times I receive a message stating that this number is no longer in use, and I have reached this message in error. After doing some research online I found that this number was in fact still in use. So I called back, and after being disconnected after 5 seconds, literally about 50 more times. I get to the automated directory for the staffing center.
After answering the single question posed I was transferred to a live Rep. I could tell right away from the tone of this persons voice that he shouldn't be taking calls, period. After asking my name and email he provided the position title. It was something like " Bi-lingual associate". I couldn't understand his whole sentence because he was mumbling, but I understood Bi-lingual. Not only did I NOT state in any submitted application that I was bilingual, but after explaining this to the Rep he simply said "Have a nice day" and disconnected me.

I would like to know on what planet is any of this acceptable!
The hiring process and anyone involved should be friendly and attentive, not convoluted and aloof.
I guess what Home Depot states on their information page it true,
"The Home Depot is built on the principle of creating value for our stockholders".
It goes on to state other things but this is the first and main statement. Probably the only truthful statement on the page, because obviously from what one can deduce from the experiences of others and mine. Is that The Home Depot IS built on the principle of creating value for their stockholders, and everything else can take a backseat.

January 23 2014 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Home depot no longer offers medical benefits to part time associates. Probably because of the affordable care act.

January 18 2014 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I believe your experience working at HD is dependent on the store in which you work. I've been with Home Depot for a short while now and I absolutely LOVE IT! I've noticed a common theme among disgruntled employees at my store: their terrible work ethic and bad attitude. Some people simply lack customer service skills and that's ok but you shouldn't place yourself in a job that you hate or aren't qualified for. You have to be willing to work hard, go above and beyond the expectations of all customers and give it your 110% best. "That's not my job", is the absolute worst attitude in the entire world. There are far too many people who carry that mentality and end up making the real team workers miserable. I am really excited about my future at Home Depot and I hope HD really comes through for me. And if they don't, then so be it! I'm darn lucky to have a job in this economy. I will never complain about having a job.

November 10 2013 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael V. Moen

Here's my tid bit. I had an interview with Home Depot once. Just one, never heard back again. What happens some months after? I get hired on by Lowe's. Been there's almost six months so far. Home Depot lost a potential employee to a competitor. Karma.

October 23 2013 at 9:41 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply