Just do your job to your best ability and leave the ass kissing to those who have no self esteem.Some Bosses appreciate your willingness to want the company to thrive by doing your job. The problem with my workplace is that there is an ass kisser that just started 8 months ago and all he does is tell the supervisor how wonderful he is and how great. This guy doe not meet quotas because he spends his time on his cell phone, walks around talking to other workers, and smoking outside every 15 min then the boss wants me to take up his slack which I flatly refuse to do. I just let the supervisor know that if he would expect this guy to stay by his machine and actually DO his job there wouldn't be a problem with his jobs getting out in a timely fashion. Basically, do my job and his is what the supervisor expected. The supervisor was threatened with bodily harm from this guy on his 3 week there, but when the supervisor took him in front of the owner, the guy turned his whole strategy around and started ******* up big time. The problem is, my supervisor is a big head that loves ass kissing no matter how he has to get it UGH!!

November 22 2013 at 8:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

BOSS--- spelled backwards is double S O B, and that fits some i have had.
regardless of others say, my self esteem and pride can't be bought, by being an ass kisser.

June 28 2012 at 10:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

My corporate motto was" never met a pair of boots I couldn't lick"

June 28 2012 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am absolutely a brown noser. I don't snitch and tattle. I'm not out to advance by backstabbing. I am out to simply not get fired. I have never even asked my boss for so much as a day off, nor have I denied any request, no matter how outlandish. Dignity and self esteem are fine. But food on the table and a roof over my head is worth a hell of a lot more. On the other hand, I don't so much as mention the names of anyone inside the company to anyone. Not only is it rude, it's bad karma.

June 27 2012 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to classygirlkq1's comment

You ARE worthwhile! You don't have to be a subordinate nor ADAMANT, just assertive. Stress your strong points. Show that you are a member of the team or group or unit. If your employment team is not on the same page......find another employer.

June 27 2012 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

These are the people that management love and will keep over a hard worker every time which is sad, I have had to watch it happen over 30 some years of working. I just do my job and let these a$$ kisser do there thing as my favorite saying goes around in my head "what goes around come around".

June 27 2012 at 6:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I hate those type of people and always prided myself on not being one.

But lets be honest. Those are the people who somehow manage to keep their job while others are being let go.

June 27 2012 at 6:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Three reasons why you shouldn't suck up, let's see
Your dignity
Your self-esteem
Ultimately, you won't get ahead in the company,anyway.
Is dignity and self-esteem the same thing????
Well Kim, K has no dignity, but she seems to think highly of herself, so she would have self-esteem. So no they are not the same.

June 27 2012 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Boss

Love this article! I have always worked hard, did a good job and actually didn't associate with anyone in the office. I was always friendly and respectful, but there are a majority of people in the workforce that could care less about their jobs and only want to gossip, tattle and cause trouble instead of actually doing the work they have been hired and paid to do. Needless to say, I was promoted as Manager of the office and I can tell you people would come to me with all sorts of crap and I simply did not put up with it. I would tell them if they did not have better things to do (they had plenty of work to do) that I would assign them something else to do. After a while, they ALL got the message.

June 27 2012 at 4:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Annette Hammond

And the brown nosers are also the ones that tattle and gossip.This is a BIG thing at walmart stores.Even the asst.managers have brown noses.And also lie.

June 27 2012 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I agree with freeradicals.. I was raised NOT to kiss anyone's rear.. just work hard & stick to your beliefs.. I myself work with a brown noser AND she too is a snitch!! This woman however is a hard worker, she is not a slacker so I dont get why she feels the need to kiss up. I work in a group of 3 & the other coworker & I both work as quickly & efficiently as we can. . but this other woman acts like it's a race to get our tasks finished.. she thinks it's very important to be the 1st one out of us 3 done with anything, and she will make sure the boss knows she got done first There is NO teamwork, it's all I.. I.. ME ME ME and if she gets caught up instead of asking me or our other coworker if she can help us, she runs to the boss or emails the boss & tells them she did extra work.. I'm sorry but if you want to help your coworkers, shouldnt you ASK them if you can help them, rather than just tell the boss you did??? it is so sickening..

June 27 2012 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply