It's been some 38 years since I went through Basic Training at Lackland AFB, after having lived in San Antonio, Texas for my senior year of high school.

Today, 38 years later, God has brought me a long way, where I am currently a member of the First Baptist Church of Orlando, where Dr. David Uth is our Senior Pastor.

June 28 2012 at 4:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Things like this happen everyday in the civillian world. Why is it such a scandal when it happens in the military? After all the folks in the military did come from the civillian side. Not news!!!!!!

June 28 2012 at 1:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

If gay men can serve openly in the Air Force without incident, then for God sakes, why can't straight men behave themselves with Women Airman around. Nothing makes sense.

June 28 2012 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hmmmmmmmmmm, who is the CIC? It sure isnt Bush!

June 28 2012 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I was in the USAF between 1966 to 1970. However,
during basic training, we had no females (wafs) in
our barracks as they were the open, old style army
type barracks. Even as boots, we heard of incidents
where TI's got busted out for one reason or another.
When you have that many people in one place, you are
bound to have a few that will do something wrong. We
had a sgt. that lived in our barracks, but, was not
our TI. He came in drunk one night and pushed around
one of our boots that was on guard duty. As we were
instructed, he called out for help by wailing on a
whistle. Two air policemen showed up and actually
busted the sgt. The guard had nothing to say about
it and would have gotten into trouble had he not
reported it. There was no cover up - the sgt. was
reduced down in rank and punished. Sexual harrasment
is different then sexsual abuse. I mean in boot camp
you have to expect that a TI is going to get into your
face (usually one ear)and rag on you, sometimes saying
some pretty brutal stuff. Now beating you up, or
having sex with someone, especially a trainee (boot),
is something else. Do some get away with it, yes.
But, sooner or later, something happens, and the
axe comes down.

June 28 2012 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Maybe next the Marines will investigate their alleged cases of rape (Sixty Minutes)

June 27 2012 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This stuff is sickening, one more reason why females should not be in the military. The military does not protect them or take them too seriously. I am a 22 yr veteran, I have seen these probems progress throughout the years. KEEP THE DAMN FEMALES OUT!

June 27 2012 at 8:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Good more military crap, no different than the Catholic church.

June 27 2012 at 6:33 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply

More than 50 years ago this was occurring at Lackland AFB. The female TIs would provide female trainees to male TIs who wanted to go off base and party. I found out about this when trainees wanted to become TIs after they completed basic training. One comment I heard was a female TI telling her trainees as we were marching by saying "when I hell attention, I want to hear 50 ******* ******* air" and "there is 50 miles of dick on this base and you are not going to get one inch until you straighten up".
The allegations are nothing new. For 52 years it has been business as usual. Lets face it, sex makes the world go around.

June 27 2012 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to gshiff40's comment

This story is not about sex. It's about rape.

June 27 2012 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

You are right. I served in the U S Army for 23 years. This is not new. Sexual harrasment has been going on long before I was drafted. It will never stop. It is initiated by both men and women. The difference is women tell when it is done by someone that they do not like. Guys just laugh. I remember a female soldier in the NCO club beckoned to me to come , and that she had something to tell me.""'Come closer she said. When I leaned over so that she could whisper as she indicated. She grabbed a hand full of my private patrts, as her friend held me from behind. Another time a female called me to her car she said "something is wrong with my guages. look at them for me", as I leaned over she raised her dress she was not wearing underwear. I could not tell anyone either time What an embarrasment.

June 27 2012 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mmwwil's comment

It's always been common knowledge that women joined the military to have a good time. We knew who the ***** were back in the sixties. They weren't drafted, they went voluntarily. There were some good ones, I grant you, but the majority were of questionable moral character.

June 27 2012 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down

Meanwhile, everyone is so concerned about gays in the military? The problem is heterosexual rapists in the miltary, and has been for decades. It's a crime that is not only under-reported, but when it is reported, is often swept under the rug.

It's an outrage that female members of our armed services are for some reason considered of less value, and until the people in charge change the system of reporting, investigating and prosecuting, abuse is likely to continue.

June 27 2012 at 5:34 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Bully2's comment

This is happening all over the world.

June 27 2012 at 8:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I have known a few women who were straight and were attacked by Lesbian DI's
and were told that nothing would be done because the Army didn't want to let the
general public know that Lesbians were in positions of authority. The girls became
the playthings of these thugs and could have nothing done to stop it. The Military
was, at that time, selective of who they booted out for Homoisexuality. I also knew
of recruits in the AF that said that Homosexual NCOs were always trying to come on
to them. It works both ways Hetero- and Homosexual.

June 27 2012 at 11:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply