Ok, this article is annoying. She had unemployment insurance, enough to be able to still afford rent, her car, and insurance. And she had a gym membership?! Why not just run around the neighborhood? That's insane. Her experience sounds like a mild inconvenience, not a harrowing grind. I know people who are homeless, couch surfing, with no interviews after hundreds of resumes, without insurance of any kind or unemployment benefits. This woman had it easy compared to most.

August 26 2012 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Well I been looking for a job for 7 months now and still have found nothing.....I totally went through all of my savings and now im just trying to stay afloat . I have filled out so many applications it's rediculous and i've had 3 offers for part time work at 15 hours a week for 8 bucks an hour . Im like give me a break , I clearly cannot accept a job for 15 hours a week at 8 bucks an hour because then all Ill be doing is putting gas in my car to get to work . I could take 2 of those jobs but, then they wont work around each others hours because you have to be available all hours plus weekends . I will continue to look and I refuse to give up hope because I know there has to be a job out there for me somewhere . It coud be worse and some people are worse off then me . So , here's to keeping the faith !

August 01 2012 at 1:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Must not have kids... if you can save 10 percent of your unemployment, put 5-10 percent toward fun, and afford gym membership and insurances.

July 31 2012 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Wow this article is great it reminds me of the situation I was in only a number of months ago . Looking for work paying of student loans . Living from partial savings trying to support my lifestyle then someone introduced me to the marketing world and helped me start making full time income for part time work . This is my hand stretching out to you like my friend did for me . My email is

July 24 2012 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

fantastic veronica! way to think ahead and save for 6 months ..alot of people dont save for those rainy days!and alot just dont make enough but to live week to week..its really ashame that people dont see living pay check to paycheck is just surviving and not really living .....we need to demand more compensation for the hard work we do and we need to pay attention to our purchases and do our best to buy american when ever we can...i'm sure people will piss and moan about what i typed cause everyone on aol has their own company and they are all millioniares yadda yadda...but as for as this young lady glad you found employment ..way to go !

June 18 2012 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Gym membership as a "must pay" bill during unemployment? Hmmmm What's scary is being without a job without the benefit of unemployment each week and not having health insurance. I have survived on zero income for a short period of time but the idea of not finding a job within 3 months scared me to death. The tiny bit of savings I did have was eliminated after rent, utilities, and car insurance. Don't even think about getting sick or having car problems. It's easy to say to plan for disaster but with rising expenses and cost of survival, sometimes even your savings can't help you. And how exactly do you save when you live paycheck to paycheck? Someone needs to write a working class version of this article that alot of people can relate to.

June 18 2012 at 9:20 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jrodriguez904's comment

I kept my gym membership when I was unemployed for 6 months (it was $10/month membership at Planet Fitness). It really kept me sane. It was a place to go and a routine to follow. Honestly, it was the healthiest period of my adult life.

August 22 2012 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Population can suddenly be crippled by a outbreak of disease or other disaster spoiling unusually high gains of productivity setting back goals for indefinite periods of time. Read history you might find population can suddenly be wiped out or crippled for long periods of time.

Plagues are not just a thing of the past.

June 18 2012 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The world's people are getting older eventually the young cheap labor will be unable to maintain productivity requiring the proper use of machines to ease the work loads where harder labor is used. As people get older they should be able to rely on the proper equipment to carry the weight not their backs!

June 18 2012 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

They got you coming and going fall off and they will just keep going like your not there.

June 18 2012 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Youn can't just toss Internet and PC etc because the communication such as email, fax and searches are needed in this shrinking news paper job advertising world.

June 18 2012 at 8:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply