I don't have a father I don't have any brothers, I don't have any police men in my family...I don't have any children ...My new to me ... used 2003 ford pickup truck was broken into last night and somebody stole my red and black 18 inch chainsaw craftsman with a dull blade on it...The hardened criminal broke out the side window...I went to the police station to have a police report written up...they didn't even look the truck...I have worked for 24 years and that was after getting out of US army Honorably 2 years over seas then 2 more 1 year extensions stateside..then paid taxes for over 21 years in Lawrence Mass...last year it bwas my 3 alluminum ladders 1 40 ft extensin ladder and my mothers 20 ft extension ladder and 1 more step ladder 10 that was just in lawrence Mass....My other place in the mountains had about 15 thousand dollars of dammage done to my property but that was in New Hampshire..up in the white mountains...nobody did anything to get my property back nor to seek restitution from the criminals...

May 30 2012 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

"Hey dad, guess what? It was in my other pair of pants the whole.... wtf?"

May 30 2012 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Berkeley police chief Michael Meehan is a failure as police chief, father, husband, brother, and citizen. You are a corrupt, dirty cop and should be wacked.

May 30 2012 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Wow. A couple hundred bucks worth of plastic copper and silica gets the entire force's attention, but a fully restored 1975 Pontiac Trans-Am gets a rookie patrol officer who takes a report and forgets to file it for two days and is returned via flatbed into the middle of the driveway completely totaled. Shame my dad was only a USAF Major and not a cop.

May 24 2012 at 11:48 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to BYRONI's comment

agreed.....Your dad was also unsuitable to keep and own a firearm in that state also...public servants are perfect saints HUH.....

May 30 2012 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

LMAO!! WTH The other 11 officers were called out for two other cell phones??.give me a break you corrupt piece of crap!!!

May 24 2012 at 10:30 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

Only in Berkley!

May 24 2012 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

He went to the ZERO Bama school of "how to be proud of America by spening tax payers funds"

May 24 2012 at 8:21 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply

Fire him for waste, fraud and abuse!!! Fire the officers too!!!

May 24 2012 at 8:11 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

Most of the time stolen things are never returned, the department sighting cost of sending an officer out to look for your stuff while they should be keeping the peace. So what do we do. Well now there's a GPS chip in the device it keeps you from getting lost but also makes the phone identifiable if lost itself. But then several cases where a lost device with GPS have broke the news. The police generally refuse to do anything. One case a load jack software let the victim photograph the perp with the webcam, and view his Facebook page. The police still refused to help. But with media pressure issued a warrant and caught the perp.

Here's the thing, as much as we would love to get our stolen things back, that's not what the police are set up to do. We might have to hire a private investigator or create a new arm of law enforcement to deal with theft. But, DO NOT COUNT ON THE POLICE TO GET IT BACK.

This case was a clear symptom of abuse. Yes dad might have been the chief, but this just might cost dad his job.

May 24 2012 at 8:03 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

I guess his son's stolen phone gets priority status since he's the police chief. Just another example of police abusing their powers.

May 24 2012 at 7:49 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply