McDonald's Worker Arrested For Allegedly Spitting In Customers' Drinks

McDonald's employee spit in cupsSIMPSONVILLE, S.C. -- A South Carolina county's deputies say a McDonald's employee spit in two customers' cups of iced tea after the drinks were returned because they weren't sweet enough.

Authorities say 19-year-old Marvin Washington Jr. was arrested Wednesday and charged with malicious tampering with food.

Greenville County investigators say surveillance video caught Washington leaning over the cups before he filled them Saturday at the Simpsonville restaurant. Authorities say the customers discovered phlegm when they removed the lids of the drinks to add more sugar because the iced tea still was not sweet enough.

The owner of the McDonald's says he follows stringent food safety procedures and asked people not to reach conclusions until all the facts come out.

It wasn't immediately clear Wednesday if Washington had a lawyer.

Looking for a job? Click here to get started.

stayawakeT

Once you are srved NEVER let your food out of your site,
If you request more sugar ,or want to take remains home you have the emplyee bring what you need back to your table..Theres some sick'os out there.

April 16 2013 at 7:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

Show some self respect. Don't go to Burger King or McDonalds to satisfy a craving (I'd say hunger but it has probably been years since people who frequent McDonalds and Burger King ever felt real, actual hunger pangs, just cravings for salt and ****) and visit other places that, gasp, may take more than 1 1/2 minutes to fill your order. Stay away from Mickey D's and Burger King, because that is abominable garbage. Just don't waddle your fat ass into the Golden Arches and eat REAL food you can buy at the supermarket and not have to sport an IQ of over 40 to prepare at home, USING THE STOVE. *GASP* is that what that thing is?

April 15 2013 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AndrsD2

Spitting into people's food is DISGUSTING. What if the employee has a cold or has AIDS...

They should put a new menu item on their board: McSpit !
"I'm Lovin' It"
lol

April 15 2013 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jacobsnorman997

I have worked at a fast food restaurant for 13 years. I have seen people spit in drinks. One high school girls didnt like another girl she was serving and spit in the drink. Once an entire black family walked in and was being loud, ghetto and rude. A 25 year old black guy didn't like being disrespected so he urinated all over the familys food. He Lifted up each hamburger bun the in the fries and the drinks. The 8 year old little blaack boy came back and was rude yelling his fries were cold and wanted a refill. He got free fries with extra pee and spit in the drink. The employee acted like it was all in a days work. Saying"he disrespected the wrong *****" I saw people do horrible things to RUDE people and y'all deserve every bit of it. Especially the rich white women who act like they sh@t dont stink!!!

April 15 2013 at 4:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
brut1010

Hello!! I work for Mcdonald's here in Pittsburgh!! I know that being in a FAST FOOD pace is really hard!! Even though I don't handle the guests on a one to one basis, TRYING TO PLEASE PEOPLE IS REALLY HARD!! BUT, IT SEEMS THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY TO DO YOU CAN'T PLEASE PEOPLE!! LOOK WE ARE ONLY HUMAN OURSELVES AND WE DO MAKE MISTAKES!! BUT WE TRY TO PLEASE THE GUEST AS BEST AS WE KNOW HOW!! SOMETIMES THE GUESTS ARE VERY RUDE TO THE WORKERS,WHEN THEY COMPLAIN!! LOOK PEOPLE,SOMETIMES WE WORKERS HAVE BAD MOMENTS AND BAD DAYS TOO!! ALL I CAN SAY IS "SORRY"!!

April 15 2013 at 1:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to brut1010's comment
rgdarkchild

yes i also work @ MCD and we are people to we make mistakes or forget things sometimes usually not on purpose and most of us aren't rude all the time or any of the time if even

April 15 2013 at 4:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lrhibbs@att.net

Darkmagebomber: When you order something at any fast food Restaurant, You should be able to expect perfect food for the price you paid. If the food is not perfect it should be made perfect as fast as possible. As far an any individual that would on purpose do anything to a persons food should be fired and brought up on charges.Their names should be spread over the newspapers so the entire community knows who they are. As far as he did it in a stupid way, any way would be stupid and disgusting. There is no right way to do it.

April 15 2013 at 1:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
SHERRY

I'VE WORKED AT MCDONALDS FOR MANY YEARS, BUT NEVER TO SPIT IN PEOPLE DRINKS NOR IN ANY THING. IF THE DRINK WAS NOT SWEET ENOUGH, ALL HE HAD TO DO IS SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE AND APOLOGIZE.

April 15 2013 at 12:42 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
darkmagebomber

I take it NONE of you that have commented here really ever worked in a shitty dump like mcdonalds... When you have a rush of people coming in, and you get the same 2 people coming back because "There isnt enough lettuce or tomato on your burger" or "You put ketchup when I didn't want any" or some bullshit excuse to keep pissing off the worker's, this **** happens. The best is "My fries are cold" Yeah? Well to damn bad. I worked at Mcdonalds, I used to eat there, and I used to get food done not how I asked, but I shut my mouth and ate it, why? Cause **** like this happens all the time. I am shocked this is the 1st time someone got caught. But he did it in a stupid way, in a drink.

August 29 2012 at 5:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
DGUY

i always walk into places before buying food there. If the employees look dirty or have a ghetto attitude I walk out.

June 26 2012 at 9:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith Jones

This why I cook at home , So I know whats Im getting.
Ppl these days OMG.