8 Bizarre Teacher Scandals You Won't Believe

Teacher scandalsHere at AOL Jobs, our RSS feeds are filled daily with teachers doing wild, wacky, frightening and upsetting things. The teacher scandals can be roughly divided into three categories:

Sexually abusive or creepy (by far the most common).

Feces and urine going places feces and urine shouldn't go.

Being really mean.

It made us think: Do teachers really do wild, wacky, frightening and upsetting things more than people in other professions?

Danny Vice, the editor of The Weekly Vice, perhaps the most comprehensive online catalogue of teacher transgressions, doesn't think so. "Believe me, it happens just as much outside the classroom," he says. "Anything that involves children gets our attention. If one adult made another adult pee in a bucket, that might make the local news, but it's not going national."

Check out eight of the most disturbing teacher stories of the past few years, and let us know what you think. If these involved adults instead of children, would they make the news at all? What weird stuff goes on inside your office -- which never makes the media spotlight?

oceguejor

One of my teachers, talk with my futures partners in my future company, they look for any bad things or problems that I had in my past, and they talked with them, 3 teachers, because in the classroom they could not answer my questions , technical questions, and my smile was coming to my face, thanks to that, I do not have a partners, I do not have a company, I am talking with the University Director, and now I am looking to find out what can I do in the future, thanks to a group of teachers that they think they can do whatever they want, but the University now are checking them if they can keep working like a teachers, it is sad, but I have been seen that the teachers usualy get advantage of their position. TOO BAD. I lost my friends or partners and I am looking what to do. WE HAVE TO BE CAREFOOL WITH THE TEACHERS IN ALL WAYS.

March 06 2013 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to oceguejor's comment
thomas.jefferson2012

Tell me this posting is a joke???
Are you a foreigner?
You are at a University level of education and THIS is how you communicate???
My 4th grade son can write better than you can...

May 10 2013 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dealerswild

by the date's of the postings, looks like there hard up for news again

January 16 2013 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mgerry

Your headlines are wrong. These are not having a "subordinate" do something or abusing a "subordinate". These are examples of CHILD abuse. Please don't diminish the severity of these acts by mislabeling them. A teacher is NOT a boss to the children. It is much too important for such a diminished description of the relationship.

And yes, they should all have been fired. There is no way someone who makes those kind of decisions should be anywhere near children, especially unsupervised and unchaperoned.

November 20 2012 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tricia

The "teacher" in issue #6 should be suspended at the very LEAST, and forced to take sensitivity classes.I have a special needs son who can be very difficult at times. The one thing people of all walks of life should learn a desperately lesson : If you think it is difficult having Johnny in your class, imagine just BEING him. Cased closed

November 12 2012 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ronald

Every profession has its " good -for- nothings".

November 11 2012 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ATF113

These so called teachers are a joke and should NEVER teach kids anything, F--KING DUMB ASSES!!!!

October 09 2012 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ted

Here's a thought - Stop calling students "underlings" and "subordinates". They are students, plain and simple. This PC cr ap needs to stop. For some reason the author feels "student" is demeaning, but underling and subordinate are not? Very strange. She'll find herself the subject of a similar article some day.

October 09 2012 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ted's comment
teddy smith

i have never in my life said anything bad about students its hard enough these days to make them go to school

February 07 2013 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YAY IT'S JEN

#6 is crap, pure and simple. No one has the right to treat a 5 year old like that.

October 09 2012 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tobe4906

the sad part is these people teach our children...

October 08 2012 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunon

what bothers me about your 8 anecdotes is the headline in #2 regarding "poo". welcome to the federation committed to infantilizing a country already inarticulate. it's body waste and waste is a word handed down from middle english and to them from old northern french. a perfectly good, useful word that doesn't make us sound as tho we are all in 4th grade, thank you, O. Winfrey.

August 28 2012 at 5:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply