Jessica Lee

I am stunned that there are so many people here that know how to use a computer, but don't know how perfectly this woman functioned as the Undercover Boss. The Chief Talent Officer is the Corporate Executive that is directly responsible for ensuring that employees are able and ready to function at or above standards. That includes training, supplies, Corporate outreach, anything that affects job performance in any way, be it negative or positive.

The CEO, COO, and CXO would have all been far less suited to evaluate the employees than the CTO.

November 23 2013 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

While the problems were mostly shown with Popeyes: the mere fact that the CEO or someone much higher up did not go on the show, and the rewards to the amazing employees were amongst the WORST of any episode. I believe that Popeyes STILL did not do near enough. How about giving Doug some money as some kind of bonus for exemplary work, and all the money he PAID HIMSELF from his own pocket.

I was left with a poor opinino of Popeye's after this show, sadly.

August 30 2013 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I fell in love, I thought she was amazing. If I was 20 years younger I be on my way down there and take no prisoners.

February 28 2013 at 4:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

All the Chinese restaurants I worked at feed their employees for free. Some will even provide room and board as part of the package provided you will be living with other employees just like the way that the provide housing in China. Only McDonalds and western establishments will make their employee pay for their food. What kind of loyal employee will they get? Has anyone mention employee thefts are extremely common in America? If you don't treat your employee well, they will steal from you--and or give you low morals--This is from experience..I was shocked that I had to pay for my own meals once I started working in the real world.

March 11 2012 at 7:17 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Bill Mc

This is the best segment ever on Undercover Boss. Ms. Zappone did not spin or minimize problems. She dealt with them. Watching the segment made us want to eat at Popeyes. I hope other executives at Popeyes appreciate what Ms. Zappone brings to the table.

March 07 2012 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

oh well, they can't eat Poepeye's everyday, who does that? Duh!

March 06 2012 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I once heard the comment, "that was the stupidest thing that I've ever heard, I have no doubt that they went to college". Once again folks, lack of "COMMON SENSE" or what was once known as horse sense. It's something that's NOT taught at any school at any level of education. It's a skill and a learned method or routine that is picked up on a daily basis from life, family, friends, aquaintances and even enemies...These are the basics; look, listen and ask questions.....and I mean ask simple common sense questions, not 3 part overly thought-out confusing Whitehouse press poole questions either. My favorite military acronym' "KISS"(Keep it simple stupid) and you should be fine with the outcome...

March 06 2012 at 8:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

So now they're calling the boss, 'chief talent officer' ?? Are the employees no longer referred to as workers but now known as 'talent'? Is this supposed to make them feel better about their crappy jobs
and crappy treatment?
I used to work for ABC (Disney) and we were referred to as 'cast members'. That didn't make up for they're shabby treatment of us, the low pay, or the fact that there was no chance to move up the corporate ladder as they were more interested in hiring daily hires to avoid paying benefits or giving promotions which meant pay raises. And while I'm trashing corporate giant Disney, also referred to as Mouseschwitz, lets not forget that when they're stock was in the toilet, they were letting go of
'cast members' by the hundreds while Michael 'Adolf' Eisner continued to receive his multi-million dollar bonus's.

March 06 2012 at 1:54 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to videodf's comment

New Talent was what we used to call a new broad that came into the club.

February 28 2013 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

the cleaning man should have gotten the 10000.00 for his self like the rest of the workers, instead was given to church. the other rec. money to do as they wished for themselfs. this poor man should have a choice. the one young man 20000.00 for school and another 10000.00 for himself. i dont think that was right at all.

March 06 2012 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brenda's comment

who gets the tax wrie-off for the 10k given to the church? Him or the company?

March 06 2012 at 2:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

A real experienced and effective manager is the one who works with his or her employees side by side at least once in a while to see what is "really" happening and what the opportunities (or issues) are to be addressed, corrected in order to improve. Hearsaying or even getting information from his or her assistants alone is not efficient enough to lead the team to achieve the goals.

March 06 2012 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply