I didn't know that Austin can charge a $100 fine/tax on someone "puking" in the cab. I know that it doesn't seem like a fun thing to have to clean. Maybe they could include some complimentary bags like they do on the airplanes. Austin is certainly an interesting place to visit.

April 22 2014 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

That is very interesting that they can charge a puke fee, but it is understandable. If I am understanding this right that a lot of people have done this for them to make it something legal for them to do. It is very interesting to read about this kind of stuff. So thank you for sharing this information.
Jak Manson |

March 26 2014 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

That's interesting, it makes sense. Sure maybe the person didn't decide to puke, but that's quite a hit on the driver, you're puking on his job! He's gotta clean all that up so he can continue working. I say it's a good call.

Jim |

January 31 2014 at 6:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am trying to look for more information about cab drivers. Keep up the great work!

January 20 2014 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bryan Flake

Remind me never to puke in a taxi. Holy wow!

January 20 2014 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I think that's such a good idea! When I worked at , I saw way too many rotten teeth burned from stomach acid. I can't believe so many people get drunk enough to puke every time. It's disgusting!

January 06 2014 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

While I understand why this tax and almost support it, the $1 surcharge for rides after 9 PM is wrong! While I realize $1 isn't very much money, I believe it will stifle decisions to take a taxi home after a few drinks because of the increased costs. Yes, I realize that if you can't afford to drink, don't. But I'm just saying that people have many excuses of why they chose to drive instead of taking a taxi home and I believe this will just give some of them bozos another excuse! Puke "tax" almost the same argument. However I understand that the driver must take his cab out of service (most of the are independent operators and must split fares with a dispatcher company). That isn't fair if they have to spend all that time off road to clean their cars. But again, I think it will deter some drunken idiots to attempt to drive instead of taking a cab. What's the answer? I'm not sure.

March 16 2012 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply