52 years ago I dated and married a young man who came to work as an announcer for the television station where I was the receptionist. Needless to say, we're still happily married. Dating co-workers can be risky, but it can also be a wonderful way for two people to meet and fall in love. In our case, we understood the type of work we were both doing and it gave us a common bond to start with.

February 13 2012 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. C

Greetings My Friends:

Being hit on while conducting a job interview was one of the most challenging opportunities I ever encountered in the office. The receptionist warned me just how beautiful my 2:00 PM appointment was. My secretary and "mother figure" came into my office and admonished me that if I hired this woman, my career would be over!

My "mother figure" secretary was right and built my career. I could not have made it without her! I sent that beautiful woman to an associate in another company for employment consideration. My associate could not wait to hire her only to learn later that this beautiful woman actually preferred women. True story!

Lamar C. Chapman III
Oak Brook, Illinois - USA

February 13 2012 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I think the statistics are higher. The wonton attitudes regarding the sanctity of marriage seems to be prevalent in today's society.

February 13 2012 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hey come work at TYCO, the production workers are the first to get it from supervisors

February 13 2012 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Never mix work with relationships, it will crap out most of the time and possibly cost you a job.

February 13 2012 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elroy Jetson

I worked in an office with a couple who had taken up an office "marriage". Unfortunately for everyone else in the office, they are very strong-headed and so hard to live with and work for/around. They have made life miserable for everyone in the office. They openly practice their relationship in the office except for office hours intimacy, but it is a huge distraction for everyone who does not get "fired" becaust hey have knowledge of it. It's just too bad their real spouses do not know about it.

February 13 2012 at 12:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply