Fortune's Best Companies With No Layoffs -- Ever!

Children's Healthcare of AtlantaThese employers survived a struggling economy while staying loyal to their workers. Meet 14 of this year's Best Companies that, as of January, have never had a layoff.

View the top ten companies without layoffs in the gallery below, or see the full list on CNNMoney.

Next: Fortune's 100 Best Companies To Work For

Stories from CNNMoney

Allan Shapiro

They are a wonderful company

February 01 2012 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allan Shapiro

They are a wonderful company

February 01 2012 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie and Derek

This is the way ALL companies/corporations should behave. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. It's not like that now a days...workers are disposable. If you complain about something, they just tell you "get lost...we will find someone else who will do the job without complaining". This is a really bad attitude to instill into your business practices. Corps don't care anymore about anything except $$$$$$. This will eventually lead to their downfall.

February 01 2012 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Paola

I grew up and my mom still lives in the Rochester NY area where their flagship store is in Pittsford..just a few short miles from her house (under 5) and when I visit I haunt the place. No Wegman's in CT, booooo hooooo.

February 01 2012 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
disneguy

I love this store wish we had them in FL when I go to visit in PA I love going to this store and the workers are so nice there to

February 01 2012 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dslk

wegman's is a super place to shop also

February 01 2012 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

Tony, I am sure that they have an organic food section, as well as some organic fresh produce & dairy. Good luck!

February 01 2012 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

I would love for Wegman's to come to Florida also. I lived in eastern NY, but would always shop at Wegman's when I was in western NY, which was 2 or 3 times a year. I remember my shock a couple of years ago when I went into their store in the Canandaigua area, and besides having all the different food stations for having meals, smoothies, gourmet coffees, etc....they also had a BAR where you could buy wine or wine-based beverages by the glass to go with your meal...or even if you just wanted to relax in their cafe with a glass of wine. I forget if they also served beer. Keep in mind that in New York Stte, their antiquated laws forbid selling bottles of wine anywhere but a liquor store. So this just blew me away!

February 01 2012 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kycallie

I like Wegman's. I shopped at a store in Syracuse N.Y. Wish we had a Wegman's in the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Ky. area. Kroger's could use some competition

February 01 2012 at 3:06 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jrrtolkiennut

Wegmans is not all they're cracked up to be. They hide behind A LOT of PR. They are actually quite the usual sinister greedy selfish corporation. My mother had a serious incident with them.

She was a moderately regular shopper with them several years ago (catching the bargains however rare they were, which is another issue which confuses us how they survive all these years with some of their riduculous higher prices). One day a few years ago she was leaving the store, and near the exit they had some of those silly thick mats, and she didn't notice that they were folded over. She of course tripped on them and fell and broke her wrist.

She went through quite a bit of hassle afterwards. They took down info. at the store as well as witness information and an ambulance came to take her to help her. The next day I took her out to have her wrist more throughly checked out and set a bit more properly. They had to do some surgery a little while later to try and get things straightened out a bit better. A few days after the surgery she started to have some other distress, and apparently caused hernia issues, which she had to go in and have taken care of as well. Suffice it to say, lots of therapy and whatnot, and even to this day she doesn't have proper use of her hand, and I often see it shake and whatnot when she tries to do certain every day things.

The real Wegman's hassle began within weeks after the incident as the representative would check up once in a while and try and convince her to do certain things she shouldn't have. For one, the Wegmans rep. asked her to use her own insurance first - WRONG! She's supposed to waste her own money for an incident in their store because some screw ball left a mat crumpled up in an entryway? I don't think so. Then she would struggle for a long time after that each time she tried to get them to help reimburse for some of the other medical expenses and therapy. Most of the time she wouldn't get much, and in the end she was getting so fed up trying to deal direct with them she went to try and speak to a lawyer (but apparently didn't get very far). The lawyer also got thr run around from Wegmans. There was witness statements and Security camera pictures and whatnot, but by some horrible "accident" most of that stuff was "lost". About the only thing he got was a ridiculously grainy security picture (which their camers are no where near that bad) that couldn't show ANYTHING. It certainly does sound like they were doing what they could to sweep it all under the rug. Just where the hell is their insurance to pay for something on their property for their fautly staff? Such a run around to get Wegmans to do the right thing, and still in the end try and screw the little guy. And why? because they can.

February 01 2012 at 3:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply