What does employees want? MONEY.

January 02 2012 at 7:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

According to the repubs/teap'ers way of thinking, the employer should give itself a huge raise, then the employees will be trickled down upon.

January 02 2012 at 6:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Well lets chock one up for Sears and K-mart and the 100 plus stores closing in the near future and I suspect many more after that.

Bet the execs get or got their bounses.

So where does this leave those soon wihout a job.

You cut corners to cut loss'es Sears and only made them worse

Look at your stores and the their appearence, BIg Lots has shown you up and they are a discounter

Not sure where this may go but I have a suggestion and it may go a long way

First Craftsman tools where made in America and now many are made in good Ole China
I can go to you know who and buy tools from China, Sears

Second when you bought a Craftman rachet tool if it broke it was replaced by a NEW one not refurbished as I recently got from Sears and it has issues and I need to replace it

Third replace like item for like item - Paid almost twice the price for Fiberglass handle leaf rake and when it broke Sears no longer carried them and ended up getting, you guessed it a wood handled one in it's place

Forth clean up your stores and put the ones who started at the bottom in postions where they can make a difference and just maybe you can turn a profit

January 02 2012 at 1:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

My company gave us a $10 GC to a popular sandwich place and we work contract for probably the 2nd most well know computer company in the world. No party, lunch, anything. $10 GC.

January 02 2012 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hi Catmom!

I would just wish my employer would quit changing the rules and the way the bonuses are figured. It changes every time we are up for them and the bonuses get smaller and smaller. Soon there won't be any (except for the management team of course). They already took away merit raises, and any kind of incentive to do a good job. It's a wonder no one wants to work for them and their turnover is over 50%.

January 01 2012 at 11:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
champion castle

What I want to see in a business is a company who hires older people as well as the younger. There was a trend in the past year and a half to shun older employees. When I walk into a business and see all 20 or 30 something's...I go elsewhere. That's what you can do for your an equal opportunity employer like your sign says.

January 01 2012 at 10:43 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply

How about, people wish for employment, period. Who said everyone had a job now, and is in any position to ask and expect a raise??

January 01 2012 at 9:35 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply

Would it be: A nice looking name tag?

January 01 2012 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Bonus!!! Been 3 years since I have seen one and be at least 3-5 more years, before I see another. Been 12 years since I have had a raise. I was making more (inflation adjusted) when I was 28, than age 53. Word to the young, Stay away from large construction, no money left in it. .... a BAD BUSINESS MODEL.

January 01 2012 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply