i apply at ups .com they never call me

December 18 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

UPS isn't fair. I know someone who went for a job b/c he wanted to make more money an hour. He thought the job would be permanent FT. I told him he ought to hang onto the permanent PT job that he held. Reluctantly, he did--until the end of October. Yes, he had 2 instances where he had to go to the dr.--but he also got drs. notes for being out. At UPS, you can have only 2 occurrences w/o drs. notes. He was told that he would be alright, b/c he had drs. notes to cover him. Well, in this instance, he had someone to take him to and from work. He got there on time. Plenty of times, he was early. The person who gave him the ride got switched to 1st shift, and he was stuck on 2nd. The transport. person went into HR and reminded them of that. They got the weekend shift. So they were back, together, on the same shift. Before they got a chance to work it, UPS cancels the wkend shift and says it was moved to a facility in CA. So the person who gave him a ride went back to 1st and he went back to 2nd. Then after a week of being back, his supvr. called him over and told him UPS was letting him go. Reason: he wasn't fast enough. ...and this was mid-November. The Christmas Rush is in mid-swing. Really, UPS? So now he has no job, thanks to UPS. My guess is: when he and his ride tried to get back to the same shift, they didn't have a spot for both, so they laid off the one who was having problems with transportation b/c HR didn't want to have to deal with them. So, NO, UPS isn't fair and I won't be dealing with them any longer. At least, I've got a choice and they'll be who I choose from. I just hope and pray that he can get a job back at the place that he used to work. Nice going, UPS!

November 28 2011 at 6:14 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Laura's comment

P.S. Oh, UPS couldn't say anything w/in the 1st month--so he could've kept his permanent PT job. I told him he may want to hang on to his PT job, but no, he kept telling me it was permanent and the person that was his transportation went out and got an apartment to be closer to work. I hope they don't lay him off. No more business from me, UPS! You're not fair!

November 28 2011 at 6:19 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

Remember you must be able to lift 50 pounds at least to work for UPS. Bad knee and b ack people are not up to this. Like total hip replacements. Check out the requirements for the available jobs people.

November 27 2011 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Does this mean that they won't be passing things off at USPS? We don't get delivery from USPS at house so things go back to where ever ordered from. Some how I don't think this will change a thing! Big RUSE!

November 27 2011 at 1:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Dont bother to apply. Its too late. Also, there is zero chance of you being keeped on as permanent. UPS is down sizing its workforce by attrition. They have not fired any full timers in 2 1/2 years.

November 20 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
eat me

Yes, UPS is having a great hiring spree,...its too bad the new jobs only last about a month!

November 13 2011 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hey everyone who cant find a job or just needs some extra cash check out, its a place where people post yard work, around the house chores, or anything else they can think of, and give their neighbors and people in their community a chance to earn some money

November 09 2011 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply