Michael D. Jobseeker
430 Main St. • YourTown, USA • (312) 555-1020
Well-qualified shipping and distribution manager with 20 years' experience in supply chain management. Expertise includes lean manufacturing, facilities management, Six Sigma, production planning and safety. Strong staff development, cost-reduction and process-optimization capabilities.
Inventory and Loading Dock Manager, December 2005 - Present
Big Shipping Company, YourTown, USA
- Managed 140 union employees.
- Renegotiated all shipping contracts, resulting in 15 percent cost savings.
- Improved on-time shipment by 30 percent using Six Sigma procedures.
- Implemented environmentally-conscious efforts including new recycling program and use of locally-purchased material.
Shipping and Distribution Manager, April 1999 - November 2005
ABC Warehouse, AnyTown, USA
- Managed a staff of 32 employees covering two shifts.
- Administered an operating budget of $1.3 million across cost centers including inventory, receiving and maintenance.
- Used Six Sigma processes to implement productivity improvement plans.
Assistant Distribution Manager, March 1991 - April 1999
Paper Corporation, Cityville, USA
- Promoted from warehouse shift worker to assistant supervisor.
- Co-managed 22 union employees across two shifts.
- Trained staff in efficiency processes and safety regulations.
- Oversaw shipping and receiving activities in 20,000-square-foot warehouse with more than 30 shipments daily.
Awards and Achievements
- Big Shipping Company Employee of the Year, 2008
- ABC Warehouse Safety Award Winner, 2004
Certifications and Training
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Lean manufacturing certification, proficient in kaizen, SMED, value stream mapping
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) credential